January 2012 Moms
Options

Tj Maxx/Ross/Marshalls for Maternity Clothes?

Have any of you tried these types of stores for maternity clothes yet or with a previous pregnancy? I am going back to work in two weeks and will need some clothes that actually fit before then.  Motherhood Maternity isn't incredibly expensive, but they have a limited amount of clothes.  That's the only store in our town that has dedicated maternity clothes.  I checked out Target yesterday, and I they had next to nothing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

Re: Tj Maxx/Ross/Marshalls for Maternity Clothes?

• Options
    Target never seems to have anything! I've gotten some stuff at Kohls but they don't have a ton either.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I found a few shirts at Ross, and I paid $5, $5, and $8 for them.  I looked at TJ Maxx, but didn't see much, I haven't checked Marshalls.  I found maternity clothes at Ross with my last pregnancy as well.  I am not about to pay $30 for a maternity shirt from target or kohls.  I actually found some clearance stuff at target early in the summer that I got good deals on.  I'm going to check back at Ross once I start getting a paycheck again to see if they have any long sleeve shirts or sweaters for the winter.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

During my last pregnancy, I found several cute pairs of jeans at Ross (and I normally have trouble finding jeans long enough). I think I paid $10/pair? I don't think I really ever found anything other than the jeans. My TJMaxx doesn't carry maternity, so you might call the stores ahead to save a trip.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

The TJ Maxx near me doesn't carry maternity.  I did get some stuff at Ross.  Their shirt selection wasn't very good, but I did get two pair of maternity jeans for $4.99 each!  They also had work pants for like $14.99, but my office is casual so I just got the jeans.  I haven't checked Marshalls. Do you have a Burlington?  The one near me has a decent selection in maternity.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    Ross is all over the place where I live. The only thing is that Ive found not every Ross store carries maternity clothes so its hit or miss. If you happen to go in to one or call, they typically will tell you if they have it available and if not, which store does.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've built up most of my stash from Burlington. The one here has lots of pants, but only a few shirts. I had to try everything on before I brought it home since they carry all kinds of different labels and some of them fit funny.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 5/4/11 -- DD born 34w5d 12/4/11
    BFP #2 2/4/14 -- EDD 10/13/14
  • Options
    Our TJ Maxx doesn't carry maternity either! It's annoying because I love that store! I don't know if you have a Burke's Outlet near you but they have a few things maternity. I was able to find some shorts there for around $10-$14! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I found work pants at JC Penney's. Every store has such a small selection that I spent a whole day going from store to store.  I found a lot of good inexpensive clothing it just took a while to find it all.  I also ordered clothing from Old Navy.  What doesn't work I'll spend $6 to send back.
  • Options

imagecynasmin:
    Target never seems to have anything! I've gotten some stuff at Kohls but they don't have a ton either.

I remember always being jealous of the cute maternity clothes at Target.  I would accidently find something cute and it would be maternity.  But I tried several (of the few) things on and nothing looked good.

Loft has been working for me.  

• Options

imagebear7328:
    I found a few shirts at Ross, and I paid $5, $5, and $8 for them.  I looked at TJ Maxx, but didn't see much, I haven't checked Marshalls.  I found maternity clothes at Ross with my last pregnancy as well.  I am not about to pay $30 for a maternity shirt from target or kohls.  I actually found some clearance stuff at target early in the summer that I got good deals on.  I'm going to check back at Ross once I start getting a paycheck again to see if they have any long sleeve shirts or sweaters for the winter.

Kohls is all about the sales & coupons. I got 2 shirts this weekend originally $30/each on sale for $15 each and i had a 20% coupon and they were giving kohls cash. although $5 is way better then $12....I detest the 1/4 sleeves that designers call short sleeves, hoping i'll have better luck w/ long sleeve tops at discount places. For the most part my wardrobe is still cloths that I wore before I lost weight but I know those days are probably numbered!!

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ross is the only one around me that gets any. I did get quite a bit of stuff there with DS.
                     7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Marshalls doesn't carry maternity anymore (at least the one by me doesn't anymore).  I found a few cute dresses at Burlington but the quality is horrible, I won't wear them out of the house.  I find stuff at Gap, check your store though because not all of them carry maternity.  Most of my work maternity came from Ann Taylor Loft when they sold in stores but they don't anymore and their online stuff never seems to go on sale. 

Best bet for good stuff that's inexpensive is a consignment store. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You can always check on line too.  I like old nave and gap.  Our tj maxx doesn't have maternity either.  Also you can try going longer and bigger in the regular clothes.  I have a lot of shirts that are longer with rim on the bottom that worked till the end.  From like vanity and maurices.  And I get big and carry really low.  
  • Options
    I found some great stuff at Ross.  My last trip I got two pairs of shorts, one pair of pants and two shirts for $30.  
    My Book BlogImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicA Lucy, a lost tube, two lost babies, and another on the way! image
  • Options
    Sounds like Ross is the place to go!  Thanks, ladies.

Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"