Single Parents

What do I do? :(

My boyfriend is the rudest, most controlling person I have ever met.  I want to leave him.  My son is now 10 months old, and I've been a stay at home mom his entire life.  I have no money, and no family.  I don't want to be stuck here and raise my son in this environment.  Any ideas on how to get out?

Re: What do I do? :(

  • Meet with a lawyer and see what your options are, let your family know everything that is going on and see if you can stay with them until you get on your feet.  Hang in there, my SP journey hasn't officially started, but I know I will be doing this all by myself once my LO arrives.
  • Girl, I am RIGHT THERE with you.  Only, thankfully I have family that I've been staying with.  I've been with my SO for 3+ years and we have 2 kids together (ages 1 & 2).  I am totally sick and tired of the roller coaster ride that comes from being in an emotionally abusive relationship.  I have finally had it and picked up and left.  I'm staying with my parents (a state away) and have zero money and no plan but to take things day by day.  All I can suggest is to contact your DHS (or DHFS) and tell them what is going on- they can set you up with temp income through the state, food stamps, etc. until you can get back on your feet.  I know it totally sucks having to start from scratch, but it probably is the very best for your son.  I used to feel so guilty about taking my kids away from their Dad, but in reality- spousal abuse IS child abuse.  You may also be able to contact a domestic violence shelter or something that can help you in the meantime.  Best wishes!  I know how bad it sucks to be you right now.  :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards