3rd Trimester

carpel tunnel help needed

ok so I have been in pain the last few days and need to hear how you are dealing with it...

I have pain and numbness in my thumb and first 3 fingers on my right hand and it is making life very difficult.  I am constantly dropping things and I am having a hard time grasping things.  I also have a 21 month old to care for so wearing  a brace all day doesn't really work.  It is so frustrating! Alright...I am done complaining....anyone have any ideas of how to make the pain stop.....

Thanks!

Re: carpel tunnel help needed

• imagejen&gene:

ok so I have been in pain the last few days and need to hear how you are dealing with it...

I have pain and numbness in my thumb and first 3 fingers on my right hand and it is making life very difficult.  I am constantly dropping things and I am having a hard time grasping things.  I also have a 21 month old to care for so wearing  a brace all day doesn't really work.  It is so frustrating! Alright...I am done complaining....anyone have any ideas of how to make the pain stop.....

Thanks!

I don't think there is a way to make the pain stop. I've been dealing with tingly fingers the past few months from the same thing. Just yesterday from my elbow to my fingertips it hurt so bad I couldn't hardly do anything with my arm. I ended up getting some ACE bandage things, one for elbow and one for hand and wrist to wear for a little bit to help reduce the swelling. That seemed to help some because I can actually use my arm today.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was wearing a wrist brace for a while for the same reason, but only at night because wearing it during the day wasn't any more helpful.  When I mentioned it to my chiropractor, he was able to do more for the pain and numbness than the wrist brace.  My hands aren't 100% but I couldn't really open bottles before, and now I don't feel like I'm limited in what I can use my hands for.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • have you tried just wearing the brace at night? I don't wear mine during the day either-it's impossible to write with but I'm not in pain throughout the day-mostly at night. So i've been wearing it only at bedtime-it's the only thing that will help .... you have to keep your wrist in a certain position to keep the swelling from pinching the nerves and making your fingers numb

• Mine's horrible. I woke up in the morning and my fingers are literally stick in a claw like figure for at least 15-20 minutes before i can move them....and then they really hurt for like an hour afterward....

Honestly....I havent found anything that really helped...I tried to ACE bandage but my fingers swelled around the bandage and completely disfigured them by the morning. Alternating ice & heat help a little bit...talk to ur doc see what he/she recommends
    Army Wife1 BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"