Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Graco Lauren dents & scratches??

I was so set on buying this crib based on how popular it is on the Bump. Seems like most love theirs but I just read a ton of reviews that people say it's made of cheap material that dents and scratches very easily. Anyone experience this too?
IUI#1 - 05/20/08 = BFP! M/C - 14 weeks :( baby girl
IUI#2 - 01/07/09 = BFP!!! Twins!! Pre-term labor 20 weeks :( lost twin girls
IUI#3 - 1/31/10 = BFP!!!! M/C - 8wks :( again
IVF #1 - 7/2010 = c/p
FET - 9/2010 = another c/p
IUI#4 - 2/14/11 = BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Graco Lauren dents & scratches??

• Options
    When we had ours delivered it had indentions along the top back from the plastic straps they use to handle it. And theres a small scratch in the wood on the front. Nothing too bad, the scratch was covered with one swipe of a marker and the indentions aren't so deep that they're noticable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I ordered mine from Target - it was scratched/dented during shipping, I called and had a replacement piece within one week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't had any issues, but I also immediately attached a Gummi chew guard.  Not only good in case LO chews the bar, but it prevents scratches from buttons and belts.  I really love the crib.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    It is an affordable crib.  It is not made out of solid wood, but cheap materials..  Of course it is going to dent and scratch.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I have used my Graco Lauren from day one with DS and there are no dents or scratches.  It may be made out of cheaper materials but it is very solid and has held up really well.  In fact, two of my friends who have more expensive cribs have more teeth marks and scratches because solid wood tends to be softer than composite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There are many ppl on the bump who love the graco Lauren. After doing research and reading reviews I'm going with the Davinci Kalani. It's not much more expensive than the graco lauren and it seems like the quality is much better, and the reviews are great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

• Options
    DS's Graco Lauren crib is holding up better than the $500 crib I bought for DD.  Even if it hadn't.... I paid less than $200 for it, so I couldn't really expect it to last for life.

• Options
    Our replaced our Baby's Dream drop side crib with a Graco Charleston crib. I love the Graco much more than the Baby's Dream. Doesn't hurt that it cost me less than $100 on clearance.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ours had a scratch when it was delivered but it was on the back side so we decided not to worry about it. Now that DS is getting close to pulling up I'm going to buy some railguards because he's already tried to chew the rails the couple times I've pulled him to standing in the crib, and the paint chipped off instantly. Yuck. But it was a good deal and otherwise we're really happy with it.

He's growing up, but he'll always be my baby!

Nathan--11/4/10

...big brother to...???? Due March 2014!

• Options

imageneems1982:
    There are many ppl on the bump who love the graco Lauren. After doing research and reading reviews I'm going with the Davinci Kalani. It's not much more expensive than the graco lauren and it seems like the quality is much better, and the reviews are great.

I basically have the Davinci  Emily ( its the Baby Mod Lilly version) and both are made of the same pine.  Unless you want to spend $600 to $1000 for a hard wood crib, such as oak, then its about the only choice for a wood crib.  

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"