Trying to Get Pregnant

Holy acne...any safe medicine out there?

Anybody have breakout issues? Ever since I went off the pill a few months ago my face has been breaking out with blackheads like no other! And I will randomly get a few big red ones too. Do you know of any acne medication that's safe to use while TTC and also when pg?

Re: Holy acne...any safe medicine out there?

• I dont know which acne meds are safe while ttc. But, I will recommend Philosophys face wash called Purity Made Simple. Ever since I began using it, my breakouts have decreased by so much!! I rarely break out at all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I swear by Proactiv... I don't get huge breakouts - just usually a bit on my chin area every now and then.  Since I started using Proactive (and I don't use it consistently every day... maybe a couple times per week) I haven't had any breakouts at all and my skin has actually gotten better.. more of a glow (ok...*end commercial*..LOL)... Don't know if it'll work for you, but everyone I know who's used it has had the same results as me... GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • The only reason I have ever taken the BC pill is because it stops my hormonal acne flare ups, so I think I'm in the same boat as you. The ONLY thing that has ever worked long term for me (and I have tried everything from my dermatologist - Retin-A, Broad spectrum antibiotics like Minocycline and Tetracycline, Duac cream, etc) is PROACTIV.

I hated that when you buy it online that you automatically get enrolled to receive it every month. Luckily, the shopping mall in my town has a Proactiv vending machine that I buy it from. 

People with mild acne will never understand hormonal acne. It's a beastly thing.

• I use the Wal-Mart generic Proactiv and it works great for me. You can buy it on the shelf at the store and it's only $11.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bliss spa foaming face wash is amazing.  You can get at the spa itself, or Sephora and Ulta now carry it (if you have one nearby)
  • I use the oil cleansing method and have had no problems with acne, even after I dropped salicylic acid products from my routine. The idea is that oil prevents oil.  It's inexpensive and totally natural: olive oil and avocado oil blend.

https://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • I was just getting on to post about this!  I know the past week or so lots of people have been complaining about their acne...mine is getting AWFUL!  Always right around O and again right before AF.  Sucks.  All over my chin...big painful red ones...I use Murad acne system and it worked GREAT until I went off the pill...now I am not so sure...but you could try it.  You have to enroll in the monthly thing, but I just had it sent to me every 3-4 months.  It sucks...I feel like a teenage boy going through puberty...and look it too!!!
  • Thanks for all the replies! Definitely helpful information!
  • imageMrs.B6302007:

I use the oil cleansing method and have had no problems with acne, even after I dropped salicylic acid products from my routine. The idea is that oil prevents oil.  It's inexpensive and totally natural: olive oil and avocado oil blend.

https://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

Mrs. B I just read the link and I'm intrigued.  Do you do this nightly? Do you use any Castor oil in your blend?  I have had bad acne forever (even on the pill) and I have tried Proactiv and all that and nothing helps and need to step away from the salicylic acid.  TIA! 

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have the same problem, but I don't heal quickly and they'll be there for a month before I can get them to go away, and by the time they're gone, new ones have taken their place. It's very frustrating.

I've been using Clean and Clear's acne control kit at night and it's working wonderfully. I really like it. I also use Cetaphil's antibacterial facial bar in the shower in the morning. I haven't had new breakout in forever. Hope this helps!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"