March 2012 Moms

How do you make it through the day?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Seriously.  For those of you working a typical 8-5 or 9-5 job - how do you make it through the day?  For the past few days, I have considered finding an empty office to go nap in!  It's too hot to sneak in a nap in the car.  But I am literally SO tired that I can't even read emails coherently!

Anybody have any tips for making it through the day without falling asleep at my desk?!?

image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you make it through the day?

• I have no idea what's going on with the formatting of my post!  I tried editing it once and it fixed it somewhat, but not completely.  Trying again:

Seriously.  For those of you working a typical 8-5 or 9-5 job - how do you make it through the day?  For the past few days, I have considered finding an empty office to go nap in!  It's too hot to sneak in a nap in the car.  But I am literally SO tired that I can't even read emails coherently!

Anybody have any tips for making it through the day without falling asleep at my desk?!?

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love to hear the answer to that as well. I have such a hard time staying awake and concentrating.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Suck on peppermints.  It stimulates your brain.  We give them to the kids for SOL testing so they don't fall asleep. Research has actually been done on this 
  • Same here! The past two weeks I have been exhausted every day! I work FT and have a 2 yr old at home, so no rest in the evening either!

At work, I drink a ton of cold water. So that helps and also makes me go to the bathroom pretty often so I'm getting out of my office and walking around more which always helps. When I get to the point of being SO tired I can't even keep my eyes open - I try to find an excuse to go talk to someone. Either chit chat or about a project. A few times I've gone for a 20min walk on my lunch and that gives me energy for about 2hrs.

• I usually wake up at 5a and don't get to sleep untill 11p, honestly, I don't even know how i do it. I guess when I start to feel a sleepy I grab something cold to drink which wakes me up a little and eventually makes me have to go to the restroom, which wakes me up some more.

Good luck!

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image monica617:

Same here! The past two weeks I have been exhausted every day! I work FT and have a 2 yr old at home, so no rest in the evening either!

At work, I drink a ton of cold water. So that helps and also makes me go to the bathroom pretty often so I'm getting out of my office and walking around more which always helps. When I get to the point of being SO tired I can't even keep my eyes open - I try to find an excuse to go talk to someone. Either chit chat or about a project. A few times I've gone for a 20min walk on my lunch and that gives me energy for about 2hrs.

lol, I didn't even read your post before I posted! Nice to know it works for others!!

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a friend that would brush her teeth around 2 everyday. She said it would help her make it through.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Uhm.. I take naps at my desk lol. During lunch of course. Yesterday I was so tired I simply could not be awake. And I usually fall asleep by 9:30 and wake up at 8.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Re the peppermint suggestion, don't they have caffeine? I am sure that is part of how they help. I know most people have some caffeine, but I gave it up completely a few months ago.

I have been struggling with afternoon fatigue for the past several days too! Luckily I have my own office so I can hide my droopy eyes behind a closed door, but I also try to get up and walk around a bit, and like someone else said, going to the bathroom all the time wakes me up a little. But on Friday afternoons after a long work week, there's not much I can do to wake up or motivate myself!

• I'm tired all the time, too. It doesn't help that when I'm tired I get migraine headaches, so it's even worse. Usually I just take a break and look away from the computer for a few minutes. Whenever I have to use the bathroom, I take the stairs to another floor to get my blood pumping.

I share an office, so napping isn't an option unfortunately, or I totally would. 

"Go Phils"
    Norah Elizabeth - 3.19.12
  • image SMask:
    Suck on peppermints.  It stimulates your brain.  We give them to the kids for SOL testing so they don't fall asleep. Research has actually been done on this 

Brilliant!

• I have a 1 1/2 year old at home and I thought that might be the reason I am so tired this time around, but it's not I don't think...I think I really am just that exhausted from this pregnancy so far. :/ I too work full time and have been struggling to stay awake. My tricks are decaf coffee (it has a little bit of caffeine in it still and with it being hot tends to perk me up a bit), I have a water bottle at my desk as well which helps, whenever my eye are about to close I take big swig and last for another couple minutes ;). I wish were easier, it's kind of nuts how tired your body actually gets.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • image heatheroo:

Re the peppermint suggestion, don't they have caffeine?

No, normal peppermints do not have caffeine.

• It's hard that's for sure. I work 8am to 430 pm Monday thru Friday and I am struggling quite a bit. I have been making so many mistakes at work which really isn't fun when your in charge of payroll, therefore people's paychecks. 

I have been having a cup of green tea in the morning which has less than 1/4 the recommended amount of caffeine to consume during pregnancy. 

I go for walks during lunch time when I can muster the energy too and it usually helps quite a bit.

Today I am pretty sure I fell asleep on the toilet at work though!

I really hope it gets better in the second tri or else I don't know how I will make it. 

a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.thebump.com/?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't make it through... at least not in a way that leaves me feeling accomplished. It's both the fatigue and the m/s for me. Also, I've been having considerable cramping due to uterus expansion. Things get worse as the day progresses. By 3:00pm it's not uncommon for me to be near tears. I'm going to try the peppermint trick, and I'm hoping a visit to the doctor this coming Monday will get me some good prescriptions to help with morning sickness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerYou'd better believe I have this framed.