Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Any almost 10 mth olds on 1 nap already?

DS schedule was clockwork. up for day at 7am, nap from 10-12, 2cd nap from 3-4 bed at 7pm. He puts himself to sleep, no fuss no crying, sleeps through the night. I have worked my A&$ off to make it this way. I began waking him at 11:30 because he seemed to not be tired for his 2cd nap if he slept until 12. So the last 3 nights he fusses/cries for an hour after being put to bed before sleeping. Today for his 10am nap, he talked to himself for 25 min before sleeping. He still sleeps through the night THANKFULLY because I CANNOT function on no sleep.

Do you think he may be ready for 1 nap mid day? He was "early" to drop the 3rd nap, and has been on the schedule since 5 months old. Any suggestions/ experiences welcome!!!! TIA!

Re: Any almost 10 mth olds on 1 nap already?

• C sometimes doesn't take an afternoon nap but its a baby conspiracy to keep mommies away from their computers more. I am not looking forward to that becoming the norm although it will only affect me on weekends.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imageKitiara0364:
    C sometimes doesn't take an afternoon nap but its a baby conspiracy to keep mommies away from their computers more. I am not looking forward to that becoming the norm although it will only affect me on weekends.

haha!

I actually almost look forward to the 1 nap a day routine.  It will be easier to go out as a family on the weekends and do things. 

Right now, church on Sunday interferes with his morning nap so he falls asleep in the car.  But the boy's sleeps cycle has ALWAYS been 25 minutes on the dot.  So if he falls asleep in the car, 25 minutes exactly (I can count it and know for sure what time he will wake up) he will wake up.

My Ovulation Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2009: irregular cycles
    BFP 1/20/10, EDD 9/28/10, born 10/5/10

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:
    BFP 2/8/12, MC @ 5 weeks; BFP 3/22/12, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks; BFP 9/10/12, MC @ 6 weeks

Started seeing RE Nov 2012. Chromosomal test and all other tests came back "normal". Unexplained MCs. Found mild hytpothyroidism. Two unmedicated cycles, both BFNs. First medicated cycle (clomid, ovidrel) 1/23/13. Low progesterone found during 9DPO P4 test = 7.6. Put on prometrium supplements.

BFP 2/16/13; 2/18/13 (13 dpo): Beta #1=52.8, progesterone=18.7; estrogen = 412; Dr. increased progesterone dosage.
    2/21/13 (16 dpo): Beta #2 = 269; progesterone = 32.4
    2/25/13 (20 dpo): Beta #3 = 1,236
    2/28/13 (23 dpo): Beta #4 = ?? tbd
  • Loading the player...
  • Ohhh I wish my DD would take 2 naps a day. DD has not taken more then 1 nap a day since she was 4-5 months old. Tried but she just would not sleep. However she has been sleeping 12+ a night since she was 6 weeks old.
  • My little guy has been taking only one 1-2 hour nap a day since he was 3 months old.  He has a very regular bedtime routine...in bed by 8:30pm and up by 7 am.  He usually goes down for a nap around 1pm and wakes anywhere from 2-3pm.  Take your ques from baby, he'll let you know how much rest he needs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"