1st Trimester

--May Mommies Check-In---

2»

Re: --May Mommies Check-In---

• Q1: I ordered a doppler, and I should get it tomorrow. I should hold out on trying to use it because I probably won't be able to hear anything for a few more weeks, but I know I won't be able to hold back! :)

Q2:I think I'll take the child birth, child care and breastfeeding classes. It can't hurt, right? I'm sure I'll learn something important and useful.

Q3:A diving trip to Turks & Caicos - an absolutely amazing place. I am so sad that the hurricane may have ruined this beautiful chain of islands.

• Hope you and your family are well and your family emergency ended as well as it possibly could!

1.  We had our first appt Friday and we had an US (wow, 5 beautiful little pictures of our active lil bean!!) and met one of the Docs.. honestly, didn't love him and they don't work with any midwives which is a big turn off for me... he also said somethings that I just flat out don't agree with (i.e. over the counter drugs that are 'ok' to take... saying i wanted a natural birth was responded to with "famous last words")  The office is also in the Playboy headquarters in Chicago.. which just seems wrong to me.. so we're going to explore other options I think!

2.  I plan to have a natural birth so I plan to take the Bradley method classes and probably will work with La Leche League for BFing.

3.  We've done some really cool trips but our European honeymoon was the best so far!  We went to Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, London, Galway, Inisheer and Dublin(where baby was made) it was so incredible and I felt like we grew so much as a couple and fell even more in love!!

Have a great week ladies!! 

-Shannon

• Loading the player...
  • Can you add me too?

Jenni

Raleigh, NC

Due May 22

Q1:Can't wait until US on 31st.

Q2:Plan on taking birth and breast feeding classes.

Q3:Cruise to the Bahamas.

• Q1- wearing mostly maternity clothes now when out & about, but I'm going to try to hide at work for another week or 2 if possible.  we'll see...

Q2- I doubt we'll do any new classes.  with DS we took a childbirth class that was awesome- besides the expected info it also went through infant care, and how DH could take care of mom afterwards.  we also took an infant care class- it was super helpful since neither DH or I had ever been around babies.

Q3- loved our honeymoon to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic!

• 1- no updates

2- as many as we possiably can!

3- Our honeymoon on a cruise to the carribean, it was amazing!

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Q1: Any news or updates on your pregnancy?

Now that we are 12 weeks we told everyone.  Makes it so real!

Q2:(Pregnancy Related): Do you plan to take any classes? Like child birth or breast feeding?

Yes, our hospital offers some; not sure what though.

Q3:(Non-Pregnancy Related):What is the best vacation you have ever taken?

Our honeyoon to Tahiti!

• 1. My second apt is today!  Nervous but glad.

2. Yes, I plan on taking a childbirth class with DH and possibly a breastfeeding class.  I'm already taking prenatal water aerobics and prenatal yoga.

3. Probably when I traveled throughout Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji for 3 months after college.  Close second would be my honeymoon in Costa Rica.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First & foremost I hope everything is alright with your family emergency!

Q1:  We have an appointment on November 4th to hear the baby's heartbeat!
    Q2:  I don't know if we are going to take childbirthing classes...we are not taking breast feeding classes...
    Q3:  the best vacation we have ever taken was our Honeymoon HANDS DOWN...We went to Tahiti, Moorea & Bora Bora & plan on going back for our 15 year anniversary....it was AMAZING!!!
    imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1.? no new updates.? just fianlly better fromthe food poision.

2. no i am not going to take any classes.? I did with my first and everything I learned I could not use cause I had to stay in bed.

3.? We had a great time in Alcapoco Mexico with a bumch of friends.
  • Q1 - I'm starting to feel a little less sick!

Q2 - I'm taking a one-day class that covers it all, pregnancy and delivery to infant care.

Q3 - Honeymoon to Italy, Rome and Venice. ?It was the most incredible 10 days of my life... so far! ;)?

BabyFetus Ticker
  •  Any news or updates on your pregnancy? - Still sleepy.  Have Dr. Appt. Wed. and we get to hear HB!

Do you plan to take any classes? Like child birth or breast feeding? - Will have DS go to a siblings class and I have been thinking about a breastfeeding class.

What is the best vacation you have ever taken? -   I have been on 3 cruises and I LOVE them.  Really want to take another before baby comes.

I married my sweetheart on 7-7-07 DS - 3/21/2003 DD - 5/8/2009 Due - 10/20/12 with TWINS! Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Q1: Finally have my first appointment today!

Q2: Probably not

Q3: Puerto Rico at the beginning of August! Oh how I miss those mojitos!

• Q1: Had my first appointment but they only took blood & urine. They said they won't listen for a hearbeat until 12 weeks b/c then they "know you won't miscarry"...pissed me off that they put it that way.Oh well....

Q2: Yes, there are several classes avaliable for free (child birth, breastfeeding, etc). I am taking a prego-nutrition class next week. Our hospital also requires a shaken baby syndrome class before they will release you with the baby.

Q3: Best vacation would have to be when I went to Washington, D.C. just wish I had more time there!

• Please add me to the May Mommies list.

My name is Mary, 29 fromTexas and I'm due?May 17th 2009 with my second.?

?Q1: Any news or updates on your pregnancy? Starting to get my appetite back.??

Q2:(Pregnancy Related): Do you plan to take any classes? I think I may take a breast feeding class.

Q3:(Non-Pregnancy Related):What is the best vacation you have ever taken??Honemoon to Kauai

• Can you add me? My name is Kasey. I am due May 2.

Q1: Any news or updates on your pregnancy? Still waiting for the exhaustion to subside. Tomorrow marks the start of week 13...hoping to wake up with a burst of energy tomorrow. Starting to show...had to invest in a few Bella Bands on Friday.

Q2:(Pregnancy Related): Do you plan to take any classes? Like child birth or breast feeding? Yes. I plan to take both child birth and breast feeding classes.

Q3:(Non-Pregnancy Related):What is the best vacation you have ever taken? To-date: our honeymoon. It was the most romantic, relaxing vacation. We are trying to decide on a babymoon for this winter.

• Q1: Not much in the update department.  I've been feeling better lately, which is a definite plus!  I'm just over 2 weeks away from my next appointment and we'll get to hear the heartbeat.

Q2: We will take a childbirth class and it has a little bit of it devoted to breastfeeding.

Q3: Our honeymoon.  We spent 10 days in Maui and it was the perfect length of time and we so desperately needed the vacation!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Please add me, Julia, due May 26th, FL

Q1: Nothing to report

Q2: This is my first so I'll probably take every class I can

Q3: I would have to say our honeymoon last June

• Please add me. I'm Due May 5th
  • Q1: Any news or updates on your pregnancy? So I finally had my first appointment.  It was pretty uneventful, just alot of Hx questions...but..we did get to hear the heartbeat!!  My midwife did a doppler, but mad me promise that I wouldn't cry if we didn't hear it!  It was between 160-170 bpm. 

Q2:(Pregnancy Related): Do you plan to take any classes? Like child birth or breast feeding?  Definitly breastfeeding, i'm not sure which birthing class yet.  

Q3:(Non-Pregnancy Related):What is the best vacation you have ever taken?  Before conceiving we went on a 7 night cruise carribean cruise with a bunch of friends.  DH and I stayed an extra 3 nights in San Juan by ourselves :) 

• Q1: No updates, these dr. appt's are too far apart. I want to see my baby!!

Q2: I plan on taking classes that my dr. recommends, don't exactly know what type though

Q3: My FI and I went to Miami this past summer. It was our 1st vacation by ourselves, so it was nice to just be with eachother.

• Q1: Any news or updates on your pregnancy? nope.

Q2:(Pregnancy Related): Do you plan to take any classes? Like child birth or breast feeding? I just had a baby 9 months ago...everything is still fresh in my mind.

Q3:(Non-Pregnancy Related):What is the best vacation you have ever taken? I lived in Germany for a year, it was like a vacation...but if I had to choose an actual vacation, I would choose my vacation to Turkey. Beautiful and right on the Mediteranean; nothing can compare.

• Hi please add me! I'm due May 15 in Ontario!
  • Could you take me off the list?  We had a not so good ultrasound this week.
  • Hello All!!

1.  No real updates- just lots of bloat and my next appt is on Monday!! So excited to get another sonogram!!

2.  I want to take Lamaze classes

3. Going to Italy in November and I'm sure that will be our best vacation ever.  So far though, it has to be our honeymoon to St. Lucia :)  

• 1) JUST HAD another ultrasound and everything was GREAT!

2) yes i want to take classes just not sure which ones yet

3) Mexico, chicago, florida, anywhere really that doesnt have snow!

• Q1: Any news or updates on your pregnancy?
    We got to see a flicker and a wave Tuesday, and we are checking out the little one again today. Changing docs so we get to see the baby again today!!!

Q2:(Pregnancy Related): Do you plan to take any classes? Like child birth or breast feeding?
    No classes this time, child birthing and breast feeding still fresh in my mind.

Q3:(Non-Pregnancy Related):What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
    Honeymoon hands down, we would love to get in a close second before the little one gets here.

Miya, 28, Missouri

• Q1: Still nauseous. My edd has changed please add me to the 16th thanks!

Q2: Probably breast feeding class. That's been the #1 problem with both my children. I never breastfed them more than 3 months. I hope I can go longer with this baby.

Q3: The best vacation I ever had was when we went to Italy 2 yrs ago. I loved every min of it. We were planning to go next summer, but baby will be a few months old.

• Thanks ladies for the well wishes. Everything is ok now. We just had a health scare with DH's dad and had to rush to be at his side to make sure everything was ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"