Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sleep help

CJ started STTN at 10 weeks - anywhere from 9-11 hours a night.  Come 6 months, she started waking up at least once a night.  Now, she's up every hour... sometimes every 10 minutes.  If I bring her into our bed, she sleeps fine, but I don't, especially since she fell off the bed on Friday.

We spent almost 2 weeks at my parents' house and I know that the combination of lots of people and a break in routine messed with her.  She didn't sleep well in the pack n play and did come to bed with me a lot. 

I don't know how much more of this I can take! I'm getting sick and worse, snappish.  I have to go back to work tomorrow and don't know how I'm going to do it... I havent slept in 2 weeks!  Please help!

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

Re: Sleep help

• Options
    I hear ya with being tired. I have one good sleeper and one crap one. Is she teething? Would you let her CIO? I wasn't for this but now i am. I'm so sick and tired of getting up and soothing DS back to sleep for 30 mins. At that point then i'm wide awake and can't go back. Then when i do he's up again. This time it takes an hr. I just separated them this weekend in hopes that he would sleep better and to sleep train. I think i'm going to let him CIO and see what happens. I take him into bed with us usually when he wakes for the 4th time at 4am. He sometimes still doesn't sleep well though. GL!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

She actually is getting another tooth - one on top just broke through.

CIO isn't really an option with this one.  We once discovered that she will cry for about an hour and a half before finally giving in to sleep.  By that time she is sweaty and hiccups for another hour after.  Letting her cry for that long isn't condusive to us sleeping either because afterwards I check on her constantly to make sure she's breathing ok. 

She will go right back to sleep after I pick her up or rub her back, but she's up again by the time I get back into bed.  I feel so hopeless right now

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't really have any suggestions.  We are having some sleep issues over the past week.  LO all of a sudden didn't want to take a couple afternoon naps which then lead to earlier bedtimes because he was so tired.  That lead to waking up earlier in the morning and it's just been a nasty cycle since.  We have never been on a set time-schedule but just followed a routine.  We are trying to get back on track but not sure how long it will take.  Right now he's fighting bedtimes and naps.  Dh was thinking maybe a growth spurt since he doesn't act like his teeth are bothering him.

Good luck.  I hope it gets better for you very soon!

• Options
    So what I'm seeing here is that around the 9 month mark sleep goes to smurf? (If you didn't catch my rear-facing car seat questions, we are using smurf in order to try to stop cursing)  Hopefully, for all of us, it won't last too much longer!  They have to get tired sometime... right??

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imageShana419:

imageKredd88:
    So what I'm seeing here is that around the 9 month mark sleep goes to smurf? (If you didn't catch my rear-facing car seat questions, we are using smurf in order to try to stop cursing)  Hopefully, for all of us, it won't last too much longer!  They have to get tired sometime... right??

i don't know, the opposite has been true for us!  maybe try progressive waiting?  not straight cio but it sounds like she is suddenly depending on you to comfort her back to sleep so that may help break that and get here back on track.  gl!

This is hard to do at 2 am! LOL

I will try leaving her and then rubbing her back, but there are times when she WILL NOT lay down.  Thoughts?  Is it ok to pick her up for a minute and then lay her back down?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AsljocAsljoc member

I used the 5-10-15 method with DD and it worked pretty well.  The first time she wakes up crying give her 5 minutes to cry then check on her.  Soothe her, change a dirty diaper, etc.  Leave after a few minutes even if she is still crying.  If she fell back to sleep, great!  If not (or the next time she starts crying) give her 10 minutes to cry.  Go back in, repeat your checks, talk to her, whatever and then leave.  Next and every time after that give her 15 minutes.

The next night do 10-15-20 and the next 15-20-30.  Usually by the third night LO is sleeping through or only waking once or twice.  It's hard and frustrating but it works!

(Got this method from the book Eat, Sleep, Poop) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    Thanks, all.  I will talk to DH and see what we want to employ... something's gotta give here!!

• Options
    CIO.  No Ferber, no check ins...nothing.  I know it sounds harsh but when babies get a little older you need to step in up.  Even if you don't want to CIO, STOP bringing her in bed.  If you completely take away the option, she has no choice but to learn to sleep elsewhere.  It might be worse for a few nights but she'll get the idea.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"