Infertility
Options

IVF after fallopian tube removal

my husband and i are in the process of our first ivf cycle right now.. i start lupron next week and then start follistim and menapur on aug 5.. im trying not to be anxious or stress but that is so much easier said than done.. i had to have both of my fallopian tubes removed due to pelvic inflammatory disease.. im very nervous that the pid will really work against us in the process... i am also 36... i believe all my levels are normal and we saw lots of follicles in our first ultra sound.. im just looking for some guidance.. others who may have been through this with the same medical issues and any other advice, suggestions etc..  thanks!!

Re: IVF after fallopian tube removal

• Options
    I don't have much advice as far as the IVF process yet, but I wanted to welcome you to the board and let you know I'm sorry you have to be here.  I hope your IVF is a success and you get to move to a success board soon!  Good Luck!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Welcome!  I am sorry you have to go through IVF, but it is my understanding that the PID will have little bearing on your IVF now that your tubes are removed.  If you had hydrosalpinx as a result of the PID, and the tubes were still in place, the fluid could leak and jeopardize the pregnancy.  However, since your tubes have been removed, this is not a concern.  Good luck!
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board and good luck to you!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Good luck to you.
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • Options

imageLnA5909:
    Welcome!  I am sorry you have to go through IVF, but it is my understanding that the PID will have little bearing on your IVF now that your tubes are removed.  If you had hydrosalpinx as a result of the PID, and the tubes were still in place, the fluid could leak and jeopardize the pregnancy.  However, since your tubes have been removed, this is not a concern.  Good luck!

Exactly this. A lack of fallopian tubes should not complicate the IVF process at all :) Good luck!

Friends for 15 years. Married 8. TTC since January 2009
    2010 Diagnosis: Anovulation and Severe MFI
    2011 Treatment:
    IVF w/ICSI #1 Antagonist: 2 blasts - c/p - BFN 04.22
    FET #1: 1 blast/1 early blast - BFP 06.22 - m/c 06.30 @6w0d
    07-11 RPL: MTHFR C677T Heterozygous & Slightly elevated ACLA IgM
    FET #2: 1 morula - BFN: 9.02

January '12: IVF #2
    Started BCP and Metformin (New!) 12-14 for stimming in January

Dum spiro, spero.
    ?SAIF/PAIF/PgAL/PAL always welcome?
  • Options
    Hello there! I have recently had my tubes removed about a month ago due to blocked tubes from PID. I am in the process of my first IVF cycle starting around the 3rd or 4th of August. My RE informed me by removing my tubes would increase my chances. I am sorry that you have to be here but I am glad to see someone else going through the exact same process. Good Luck!
    Me: 31 DH: 51 TTC since 6/2010

DX: 5/2011: Blocked Tubes IVF w/ICSI only option
    Lap: 6/2011: Removed Tubes
    IVF #1: Aug/2011
    First Injection: Follistim & Menopur 8/2/2011
    ER 8//17/2011 ET 8/22/2011
    IVF # 1 Fail 9/2/11
  • Options
    good luck to you, too!  i start my lupron injections in 2 days and then next friday aug. 5 i start the follistim and menapur injections... im so nervous and so excited .. please keep me posted on how things go for you and i will do the same.  im trying to be as optimistic as possible without getting my hopes up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"