High-Risk Pregnancy

Went for 1hr glucose test & found out LO has a CCAM

I'm trying to stay postitive and not over think this. I went for my 2nd anatomy scan & 1 hr glucose test yesterday. I knew it was serious when the Chief of Obstetrics came in to talk to me rather than a resident. She explained that our LO has a cyst in her right lung (CCAM) that will most likely require surgery at birth or soon after. Luckily this is not affecting her heart/lung function and everything else places her in the 82nd percentile for positive growth. This comes only a month after I suddenly lost my mom, who was also my best friend. (It's news like this that makes my heart ache for her to hug me and tell me it's going to be ok) She died from complications with blood clots that caused a cardiac arrest. I'm also high risk because I have had blood clots in my lungs and now due to this pregnancy put me at higher risk for getting them again. Although I am not a religious person I keep telling myself that God only gives us what we can handle. We will get through this and I'm sure this is the first of many hurdles we will face as parents. My mom loved to help people, so I have to believe she is watching over all of us.

Has anyone had any experience with CCAM?

Thank you for your feedback. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. 

Re: Went for 1hr glucose test & found out LO has a CCAM

• cbehrcbehr member

We do!!!  Our ds was not diagnosed before he was born, but rather when he was over 3 months old.  The drs thought the breathing issues were due to the hole in his heart, but it turned out that he had a CCAM with his right lung in the lowest lobe.  It had advaced so far that it was taking up 80% of his right chest cavity.  He had surgery to remove the bottom lobe of his lung, was out of the hospital in less than a week and is doing great!!! 

The drs told us that because he is so young, he won't even notice part of his lung gone...the rest will grow to fill that space and lung capacity.  His breathing got SO much better...he even gave us his first laughs while he was still in the hospital!

I know it is a scary thing, but the surgery is more common than you would think, and recovery time is so quick in little ones like this.  His scar is so minimal, and he will never remember this.  He also has a blood clotting disorder and did fine.  :)

We will be praying for you and your LO...God has you both in his hand, and is in control of every situation.  What a relief!  You can message me if you want to talk.  :)

• I don't have any experience with CCAM, but I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.  You are in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any experience, but just wanted to say how sorry I am that your mom is not there physically to help you through this, but I'm sure she is watching over you and giving you more support than you may realize.

Good luck with your baby and I will be praying that all goes well for you and her! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you ladies for your kind words and good wishes. It definitely brings me comfort to have your support.

I wish you all the best and will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. 

THANK YOU! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"