Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Is this normal for my BA?

My son is 10 months old. the only word he says is momma. my friends son was saying momma and daddy and bye-bye, by now. on top of that he isnt walking yet. he does pull himself up tho. i just dont know if the limited vocab and the not walking yet is normal... Help plz :)

Re: Is this normal for my BA?

• Comparing one child to another is a terrible idea.  For most skills there's a HUGE time frame for normal development, including speaking.  Your pedi will tell you if there's an issue. 
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • FWIW, my  nearly 10 month old LO mostly says mom or mum mum and babbles, but nothing that is clearly said. She isn't walking yet either, but definitely cruises along furniture a bit. I wouldn't worry until the MD says to.

ETA There is a wide range, and as long as LO has been reaching milestones they  are probably doing fine.  And IF there is a problem there is plenty of time to address it.

• Loading the player...
  • Totally normal. A lot of kids dont get teeth until they are over a year old. Some go straight to walking from sitting and skip crawling. Some do not babble and will say an understandable word the first time but at two years old. Unless your pediatrician tells you to worry, dont worry.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• One day they will just start repeating everything you say so don't worry about that.  My DD said Grandpa the other day and fuzzy (our dogs nickname) because we say by to him every morning.  My DD doesn't walk yet either but it's coming anyday.  She also only has 2 teeth but then others her age have a bunch.  You just have to roll with it. 

• imageBecm617:

FWIW, my  nearly 10 month old LO mostly says mom or mum mum and babbles, but nothing that is clearly said. She isn't walking yet either, but definitely cruises along furniture a bit. I wouldn't worry until the MD says to.

This

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"