December 2010 Moms

earlier bedtime - miss my baby :(

Okay, this is probably an odd post, but I started putting G to bed at 8 ish instead of 9:30 or 10 and I've noticed I start missing her at night. I really wanted to steal her into my bed last night, but I knew she'd wake up. Besides her Dad let her fall off the bed last week so I'm a bit nervous. Anyone feel like this? I know it's better for her and for us so we get more alone time, but I love my little bug!

Also, I've been trying to wean bfing and I think that might be adding to my saddness. I've been doing morning and night feedings only and my supply still seems to be there. I can't get myself to give up anymore yet, but really want to be done when I go back to work.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: earlier bedtime - miss my baby :(

• Aww that is rough.  I feel that way every once in a while about LO, but most of the time I just enjoy having my space in the bed.  She became a very restless sleeper as she got bigger!  I bet a lot of those feelings are coming from the weaning process, I have heard that a lot of moms get very sad or even depressed.  I hope everything works out for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LO goes to sleep around 6:30/7 and during the school year (I teach) I usually get home around 5. It's really hard. DH was working overtime and only saw LO on weekends for months on end...
  • Loading the player...
  • lol.  My baby boy goes to bed now at 7:30 and sleeps until 6am!!  Im loving it since by other 2 werent like that.  I often sit and stare at him sleeping....but its good for him, and gives me time to relax with my husband.  Enjoy it!
    Ocean
  • It's definitely very hard when they go to sleep so early. DS' bedtime is around 630pm (he STTN until 6am - so that part is very nice!).

I work 3 days a week and get home at 430. So on those days I only see him for about 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. My poor DH only sees him for about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening - 5 days a week.

I just makes the weekends (and my 2 days off) that much sweeter. And just remind yourself how much the LO's are growing and learning each and everyday - their bodies need that much rest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"