Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Hi, my name is Robs, and I am a Helicopter Mom.

I have become the mother I swore I would never become.  I am a Helicopter mom.  I hover.  I worry.  I watch like a hawk.  I need to get a grip because my girls will kill me in the future.

Is anyone else like this?

What do you do to ease your worries so you can stop hovering?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hi, my name is Robs, and I am a Helicopter Mom.

• I'm such a helicopter mom that my other mom friends make fun of me.  But then again, I've never had my kid hurt themselves like they all have.

I also have germaphobe tendencies, which don't help with the hovering.  I suppose I need to get over them, but easier said than done!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Heifergal:
    I find drinking helps.
    Liquor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image k_renee:
    image Heifergal:
    I find drinking helps.
    Liquor.
    I'm more of a blue moon kinda gal. 

• image TXBaby2:

But then again, I've never had my kid hurt themselves like they all have.

Which, of course, means that you're a better parent and not just lucky so far. Hmm

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Heifergal:
    I find drinking helps.

I be drinkin' already.  Seriously, I do need to cut back on the wine.  It has become normal to have 1-2 glasses every night.  Embarrassed

• image robs867:

I have become the mother I swore I would never become.  I am a Helicopter mom.  I hover.  I worry.  I watch like a hawk.  I need to get a grip because my girls will kill me in the future.

Is anyone else like this?

What do you do to ease your worries so you can stop hovering?

My mom was a Helicopter Mom. Try as she did to stop anything from happening to my brother and I... we still got into trouble. Our knees were scraped, fights were started, and trees were fallen out of. We were just rowdy kids! I am the same way with Adalyn, but she's still managed to bonk her head trying to crawl and get stepped on by my friend's 1 year old. I think stuff like that just happens sometimes.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • rimjobrimjob
    2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    image sherbetlemon:

image k_renee:
    image Heifergal:
    I find drinking helps.
    Liquor.

Blue Moon is my favorite beer!  I love the Honey Moon and I totally forgot about it since I was pregant and missed summer last year!  ::runs to dist to buy a case::

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• image RIMROCK:
    image sherbetlemon:

image k_renee:
    image Heifergal:
    I find drinking helps.
    Liquor.

Blue Moon is my favorite beer!  I love the Honey Moon and I totally forgot about it since I was pregant and missed summer last year!  ::runs to dist to buy a case::

Rim, have you tried Abita Strawberry? 

• What motivates me to not be a helicopter parent is being raised by one. Because of my helicopter parents I was so nervous as a child and afraid to try new things. I was always fearful of getting hurt so I was overly cautious and didnt have as much fun as my friends did.

My kid had a shiner last week from running and falling on concrete. Didnt bother me. I'm glad for him to get bumps and bruses. I dont want him to be raised the way I was.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have another kid.  When you have 2 you don't have enough eyes to be a helicopter to both of them so you say screw it, whoever is in the most "danger" at that moment will get my attention the other is playing at their own risk. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Jaimers375:
    Have another kid.  When you have 2 you don't have enough eyes to be a helicopter to both of them so you say screw it, whoever is in the most "danger" at that moment will get my attention the other is playing at their own risk. 

lol, so true! 

• image mamafoxX2:

image Jaimers375:
    Have another kid.  When you have 2 you don't have enough eyes to be a helicopter to both of them so you say screw it, whoever is in the most "danger" at that moment will get my attention the other is playing at their own risk. 

lol, so true! 

She's got two.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image RIMROCK:
    image sherbetlemon:

image k_renee:
    image Heifergal:
    I find drinking helps.
    Liquor.

Yes  Blue moon is my favorite too, I just tried the Honey Moon a couple weeks ago and it is yummy Big Smile

• image Heifergal:
    image mamafoxX2:

image Jaimers375:

lol, so true! 

She's got two.

If I had three under three, I would have to be be committed.  I would have a mental break down

• Shots and pot.

jk. Both are too many points or money or both. Mainly I kill orcs.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• image robs867:
    image RIMROCK:
    image sherbetlemon:

image k_renee:
    image Heifergal:
    I find drinking helps.
    Liquor.

Rim, have you tried Abita Strawberry? 

Tastes like fake strawberry (kind of a chemical taste). I'll stick to purple haze or shiner ruby red.