June 2011 Moms
Options

Holy Hemorrhoid!

I have been blessed to never experience this until now. OMG!! It is so painful. If you have had this how did you cope?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Holy Hemorrhoid!

• Options
    I tried using stool softeners and tucks pads. The stool softener wasn't working so I quit taking it and dealt with the pain... Owww! I was almost screaming everytime I went to the bathroom, it was pretty much horrible. Things have started getting better in the past week so that's good. Yeah, that wasn't much help, just know you're not alone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageAmbeerose:
    I tried using stool softeners and tucks pads. The stool softener wasn't working so I quit taking it and dealt with the pain... Owww! I was almost screaming everytime I went to the bathroom, it was pretty much horrible. Things have started getting better in the past week so that's good. Yeah, that wasn't much help, just know you're not alone!

how long have you had it? Tucks don't help. I was going to try and ice it.

This sucks when i have to work on my feet. Crying

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry I went to bed after I fed lo earlier. I 1st got hemorrhoids after delivering ds1 and they went away and came back from this lo. They were really bad the first few wks after delivery but aren't too bad now. You can also try eating activia yogurt (or something that has those kind of digestive regulator ingredients and lots of fruit that might help you go easier.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    preparation h cooling gel. Love that stuff. I also used tucks wipes, would use them after a BM, and apply prep h as needed and after a bm. Also soaking in a warm sitz bath with epsom salt worked wonders as well. Soak for several minutes 2 or 3 times a day.
  • Options
    I have either an internal hemorrhoid or an anal fissure and its sucks so I feel your pain...literally! I do a sitz bath after pooping bc I can't use toilet paper yet. It really helps and it cleans you up too! I also use Tucks pads for the itching. As for the terrible pain when pooping, I grab the windowsill beside the toilet and hold my breath :-( Take stool softeners too...my pain has decreased a little each day bc of taking them. Good luck!

• Options
    thanks ladies. I have the tucks but they actually hurt. I will try the Prepration H cooling gel.

• Options

i was prescribed "epi foam" to use. it comes out like foam and you gently blot on. that combined with stool softeners and they were gone in 2 weeks. the epi foam makes a world of difference until the swelling went down - i barely felt them until it was time to reapply. :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagedantoni1210:

i was prescribed "epi foam" to use. it comes out like foam and you gently blot on. that combined with stool softeners and they were gone in 2 weeks. the epi foam makes a world of difference until the swelling went down - i barely felt them until it was time to reapply. :D

Where did you get it or is it by prescription only?

• Options
    imageSazhrah:
    imagedantoni1210:

Where did you get it or is it by prescription only?

well, i actually was given it the last day at the hospital. but my ob offered to prescribe more if needed when they called to follow-up after we got home. i still have the original little bottle, so i didn't need more by the time they went away. try calling your doctor for it - it's so worth it!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    cvl105cvl105 member
    I have one too. It's awful. I hate having to go to the bathroom.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"