Indiana Babies

Kind of New

I am new to this board and kind of new to The Bump in general.  I have been reading posts for quite a while but just got a computer at home after a few years with out one so I am loving being able to talk with every one I have been reading about for so long. 

I am 39 (almost 40) and have an 8 month old little girl.  Her name is Giavonna but we just call her punkyboo.  Not sure how that started but I think it was back in my really sleep deprived first couple weeks of being a new mommy. 

I live in South Bend, IN and would love to be able to get together with other mommys from this area for a play date or just to talk mommy talk anytime.  I work full time and and going back to school to finish my Culinary Arts degree, plus feel like I am a single parent most of the time.  DH works nights during the week and works all day on the weekends on his own business.  Any company from others is greatly appreciated.  I do have family and friends in the area but I feel as though they really get tired of the talk about my Punkyboo all the time, I can't help it everything new she does I want to talk about. 

I was also wondering if any of you know of a Mommy and Me class or something similar in the area?

TIA

image image

Re: Kind of New

• Hello and welcome to the board!  I'm not from South Bend or the area, but I'm glad you joined us online!  It's so cool that you're finishing up your Culinary Arts degree - I always thought that seemed like a really fun career path.  Hard work I'm sure, but fun. 
  • Welcome! I don't live in South Bend, but used to go there for work occasionally when I was an auditor...Back before we moved to Indy when I used to have a job.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Culinary Arts is fun and challenging every day.  When I was 30 I decided to go for it.  I can't believe that I am going on 40 and I am still not done but life seems to always get in the way of my school.  I am taking 2 classes this semester (what was I thinking?) 

image image
  • Hello and welcome!

BFP #1 2/1/13  m/c 2/8/13
    BFP #2 5/31/13 EDD 2/9/14 E born 1/2/14 at 34+4

Everyone is Welcome

• Welcome!  I'm not from South Bend, but feel free to talk mommy talk on here anytime! 
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards