TTC After a Loss

So Frustrated...

I need to vent, cry, whatever to someone who knows what the heck is going in. My husband and I have been TTC for a year and a half. I'm only 22 so this worried me. I was diagnosed in October with mild PCOS. My OB put me on 1500mg Metformin. After not working by itself to get us pregnant, he put me on Clomid 50 mg in May. I took it as instructed and FINALLY after waiting and watching literally EVERY other woman I know get pregnant, we were FINALLY pregnant. I could breathe a sigh a relief. We actually found out on Father's Day. Well this past Sunday at about 6 weeks pregnant, I started spotting and cramping. I immediately felt sick on my stomach because I knew what was happening. I went to the ER and the ultrasound confirmed I had already lost my pregnancy. I was devastated. Especially because my sister and cousin were currently 9 months pregnant. I got home, sat down on the toilet, then felt it. I felt this odd feeling in my vagina like something was coming out. I made the mistake of looking down and saw the tissue that probably included my baby in the toilet. I have never felt so much pain and despair in my life. I was inconsolable. How do you know whe you are ready to try again? I want to be a mother so bad. This week has been awful because 3 days after I miscarried my sister had her baby. I'm happy for her but I have this pit in my stomach because I am so devastated. I'm tired of having to be happy for everyone else who's having healthy babies. I want that for myself. My husband wants to start trying right away but I have mixed feelings. What do you guys think?   *Praying for a miracle*

Re: So Frustrated...

• I'm sorry for your loss. I knew I was ready to TTC again when, most importantly I was medically ok'd by my Dr to do so, me & my H agreed we were ready, and when the want of having a baby outweighed the fear of another loss.
    imageimageimage

image image     ~*CFNBC*~

MaBlog

PGAL AND PAL Always welcomed *Loss at 11 Wks only grew to 7 wk 4d Oct 2008

• MrsJCMrsJC
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm sorry for your loss. Did your OB say it was okay to start ttc again right away? Most say to wait 1-3 months before trying again.
    BFP #1 1/27/11, EDD 10/7/11, D&C 3/29/11 @ 12w4d
    BFP #2 5/19/11, EDD 1/20/12, Natural miscarriage 6/2/11 @ 6w6d
    Dx 2 copies of MTHFR reductase DNA mutation (C677T & A1298C) June 2011
  • I am so sorry for your loss. i agree with the post above... you may also want to visit the miscarriage board.  i found it very supportive immediately after my miscarriage.
  • image wickedsugar:
    I'm sorry for your loss. I knew I was ready to TTC again when, most importantly I was medically ok'd by my Dr to do so, me & my H agreed we were ready, and when the want of having a baby outweighed the fear of another loss.
    Exactly this. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • I'm sorry for your loss. The doctor will tell you how long you should wait physically. Mentally is another story. My doc said to wait 3 months but I know other people were told to wait one cycle. When you feel better (maybe not good yet but better) and you feel like you can handle the trying (which can be a reminder of what you lost) then you'll be ready. Don't rush it. I wanted to rush when I wasn't ready. Had to tell myself to not become obsessed with ttc. It's still hard but I feel stronger. Time helps to heal. Talk with the ladies here and it will help.
  • I know how you feel and I am sorry for your loss! I too have PCOS and have been down this same road. Because I need medication to get pregnant I wanted to try again asap. My doctor cleared me after 1 cycle. Mentally I had to put all I have into trying again as to not completely break down and become severely depressed. Hope that makes sense. It's a personal choice and you will know when your ready!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP #1 3/29/10, natural m/c 4/19/10 at 8 weeks BFP# 2 3/3/11, missed m/c discovered 4/12/11, D&C 4/15/11 at 10 weeks