3rd Trimester

Casey Anthony...guilty? not guilty?

i haven't seen this discussed yet on this board...and i was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.  personally, i think she's guilty...i'm interested to hear what verdict the jury comes back with.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Casey Anthony...guilty? not guilty?

• So I think she is guilty of something (a very important legal standard, huh!) and should go to jail for the rest of her life.  She is a lunatic and had something to do with the death of her daughter and covering it up and just has such a callous disregard for human life.  I do not think the prosecution had enough evidence for the death penalty, because everything about this case is a giant cluster F.

What a messed up family.  it's all so sad.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecbm3228:

So I think she is guilty of something (a very important legal standard, huh!) and should go to jail for the rest of her life.  She is a lunatic and had something to do with the death of her daughter and covering it up and just has such a callous disregard for human life.  I do not think the prosecution had enough evidence for the death penalty, because everything about this case is a giant cluster F.

What a messed up family.  it's all so sad.

This about sums it up.. I think her defense was grasping for straws as well. DH thinks she's going to get off.. I doubt it.. shell be put in jail for some time im not sure if life.. I know shell be guilty of filing false police reports.. she has four counts of those and there's no way she's not guilty of that.. hopefully shell get one of the murders (not sure 1-3) but I think shell be not guilty of child abuse. I don't think caylee was abused.. in fact I think her murder was accidental but none the less a murder..I saw bits and pieces of the court in session but hadn't watched every day..
  • Loading the player...
  • If I were on the jury I would want her to get Guilty of 1st degree felony murder!

(I've watched a majority of this case!) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think she is guilty of something, but I don't think they proved beyond a reasonable doubt that it was murder by the definition of 1st Degree Murder, especially since they couldn't establish a definitive cause of death. However, I think she will get time served for lying to the police. I wish they could convict her on all this circumstantial evidence, because she is certainly responsible for the death of her child, whether it was murder or not. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I've been watching the trial for the past 2 weeks... I didn't see any of it before, so I caught the defense, basically. I think shes obviously guilty- I really don't think her dad tried to cover something up. Theres too much forensic evidence found in the trunk, alone. Ok, the duct tape is the same, and its an off brand... the laundry bag matches the other bag in the set, and theblanket came from the bedding set in the house. So, somebody in that house is guilty... and I think its Casey. Forsensics don't lie.

On the other hand, something is NOT right with that family. But I highly doubt Dad had something to do with it. And I also don't buy the ' affair' story... come on! The chick was interviewed by police- and said there was no affair..and when National Enquirer shows up with money- theres an affair. Hmmm...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think she's guilty as sin, I really didn't think the jury would even be out as long as they have been.  If they find her not guilty of anything less than 1st degree murder I think there is going to be a public lynching in FL lol.
  • I think she is a SOCIOPATH! She shows no signs of remorse for the death of her baby. All she cares about is herself.
  • I think she is guilty of SOMETHING that led to the death of her daughter. I also think she is just generally crazypants and should be locked up for good and sterilized just for good measure.
  • GUILTY. 
    Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • in my head, most definitely guilty...and yes, her family is all effed up (or at least the defense did a great job of making it that way)...seriously, out of the blue (after telling him he's been an awesome dad) they come back with the dad and the brother molesting Casey? and what would that have to do with anything? and then the mom, claiming the dead body smell in the trunk, then doing a total 180 and coming to her daughter's defense with "well, I searched chloroform online, as well as neck breaking" etc. i think Casey did something, lied about it to everyone, even her own family, then "came clean" with the fam and made herself the victim (surprise, surprise). the whole thing makes me frickin sick. really, lady? you don't want your child, but your parents obviously love her, why don't you relinquish custody?! how bout, you know your kid's missing, and instead of doing anything to find her, or even mourning your loss, how bout you go get wasted with some friends? i hope she's gets the death penalty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She's as guilty as the day is long... IMO. 
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • juweejuwee member
    guilty
  • To be honest...I think the entire family is NUTS! From her parents hiding Casey's pregnancy up until birth...(to me) was crazy..and the nurse handing the baby over to the grandmother first...was not right...I don't feel that Casey had a chance to properly bond with her daugher from the time she was pregnant, and there was no mother daughter connection between the two of them because her pregnancy was never acknowledged until after she had the baby! The grandparents took over!! They may have had good reason to take responsiblity for the granddaugther, because Casey liked to party...but I feel that there is more to the story...and perhaps Casey was jealous of the attention that her parents was giving to her daugther...attention she may have never had...Although, that is not an excuse to take a human life...I just feel that there is more that went on the the Anthony family home...things that may never be fully exposed because they are ALL LIARS! 

• I haven't watched TOO much of it, but I feel pretty up to date on what is going on. I think she's guilty, will she get death? Probably not. I wish I paid attention a little bit more, because this morning they were talking about it on the news and when the grandmother (Casey's mother) called 911, she said that her daughter had been missing for a month, and that they just found out that the baby was missing too. I didn't realize Casey had "gone missing", and if she did, why wouldn't they have reported her as missing? Especially because the father is not in the picture, where else would the baby be other than with her mother? The whole thing is so screwed up. I was thinking about it this morning, I'm 9 1/2 months pregnant and don't even have the baby yet but I can't imagine killing my own child!! It takes a real psychopath to do that. 
  • I think that Casey should be locked up for a long time with possibility for parole...but I don't feel that the she should get the death penalty. As for her parents..I feel they need counseling/therapy...so that they can move on with the rest of their lives...and possibly rebuild a healty relationship with their children.

• I think she should have to wear to court the clothes and makeup she wore while she partied for the 30+ days her daughter was missing.  She should get no sympathy and she shouldn't be allowed to sit there and cry now after her actions.   We may never know the truth to what completely happened, but her obvious neglect of her own child is enough to put her in jail forever.  IMO.
  • I think she's absolutely guilty.  I hope and pray that the jury gets it right.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• imageSarahPLiz:
    I think she is guilty of something, but I don't think they proved beyond a reasonable doubt that it was murder by the definition of 1st Degree Murder, especially since they couldn't establish a definitive cause of death. However, I think she will get time served for lying to the police. I wish they could convict her on all this circumstantial evidence, because she is certainly responsible for the death of her child, whether it was murder or not. 

Exactly! I just don't think the state proved anything beyond reasonable doubt. There was so much circumstantial evidence which has to be handled appropriately under the law.

I think it's terrible what happened. And I think it's a very dysfunctional family. But those things can't influence the law and how laws are written and therefore must be followed.

Photobucket
  • The verdict will be read at 2:15 eastern.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • what

the

fock. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrs Castillo:

what

the

fock. 

Yes 

Member since 2010 ❤️
    #1 BFP 12/31/10 EDD 8/14/11 Born 8/9/11

#2 BFP 3/20/12 EDD 11/17/12 M/C 3/25/12

#3 BFP 11/17/12 EDD 8/5/13 Born 8/4/13

#4 BFP 1/26/14 EDD 09/29/14 Born 10/01/14

• I can not believe it!! WTF?! 

She'll probably get time served for those charges that she was found guilty of. I'm so disappointed in the justice system. 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Very upsetting that she will walk... I guess all she can get is 4 years max out of the giving false information, too. Really.
  • imageMrs Castillo:

what

the

fock. 

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"