Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Exercise After D&C

I really want to get back to my running schedule.  The extra pounds that I put on while cycling is just another reminder of the pregnancy that was.  How long after the D&C did you wait until you started running/exercising again? TIA!

ETA: Clarity.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Exercise After D&C

• I actually went on a walk the day of my D&C and a jog the very next day. I was jogging daily or every other day for two weeks immediately following the surgery. My doctor never advised against exercise and it gave me a way to get control of my body back. good luck!
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • I started running about a 1.5 weeks after my d&c.  I had been bleeding quite a bit and wasn't comfortable running.  After my first run I started to bleed again so I  thought I would try a low impact exercise the next day and even with that I started bleeding again. So then I waited probably another week.  It was a long time but I bleed for at least 2.5 weeks after my d&c and I just wanted to make sure I was healing properly. 

The doctor told me that I would be able to return to my normal routine a week after my d&c but I just found that I wasn't comfortable yet. 

I am back to running a full 3-4 miles 2-3 times a week and feeling great about it!  Good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • I am going back to the gym today, which makes it excatly a week after my D&C. Let us know how it goes. I'm doing yoga and Zumba. I figured I need to not lay around, so I am going to find ways to stay busy, ways that are healthy.....exercise.

• i wasnt allowed for 6 weeks because I had some complications. I would ask your doctor because everyone is different

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• I was told I could walk gently a few days after the D and C and then gradually increase my activity as Iong as I felt that I could tolerate it.  But to be honest, right now I just feel like laying on the couch with a box of Donuts and a bottle of wine ;)
    BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am sorry for your loss. I had my D&C on June 14th, the Dr said wait at least 2 weeks to exercise, but if I wanted to walk outside just do not overdue it. Just start off slowly. I am starting back at the gym today hoping this will help burn off some of my frustration and anger built up along with the unwanted pounds. Take care :)

BFP#1: 5/10/2011 MC: 6/13/2011 9w4d BFP#2: 10/21/2011 MC: 10/28/2011 chemical pregnancy BFP#3: 11/28/2011 EDD: 08/09/2012 {{Big hugs}} to my BFPbuddy lovinlife23!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL/PAL always welcome
  • Thanks ladies.  I started walking about an hr/day a few days after my repeat D&C.  I too am still bleeding quite a bit, but need to get back into exercising.  I have an appt with my Dr. tomorrow so I will discuss running with him them.
  • my doctor really must be an idiot. i had a d and c on tuesday and was discharged with no instructions. so i called wednesday to ask about exercise and he said i could do whatever i wanted to do whenever i felt like it??? so i was about to go run today, which is 2 days after my d and c.... i guess hes a moron.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"