August 2011 Moms

Add me to the list.. (Long-ish)

Of bedrest mommas. I'd like to start out saying I usually don't post, lurk everyday though! But I wanted to share my trip to L&D from a few days ago.

*Up until now, I have had a very normal smooth pregnancy..

It started this past Tuesday when I was at work. I work at a pool so there is water everywhere on the deck. I took a slip, but luckily landed on my bottom. I ended up leaving early because of swelling in my knee from the slip. After getting some rest DH and I went up to the store and that's when it went downhill. I got very nauseas, dizzy, light headed, and was having issues breathing. I took a seat until I could get out to the car.. DH and I went home and spent the rest of the day inside and drinking plenty of water.

Wednesday, I still wasn't feeling right so I called our L&D around 430 pm and explained what had happened the day before. Was told to go in and get checked to be safe. Got hooked up and was having consistant contractions, the dr came in and checked me and found I was 2 cm dilated. That's when we found out we were headed to an Italian hospital. (DH is military and we live overseas, with no NICU in our base hospital). Had the first steroid shot, some antibiotics for GBS because the test wouldn't be back quick enough, and an IV bag. And off we went.

Spent the last 2 nights in the Italian hospital. Finished off the steroid shots as well as had an ultrasound done to check on myself and LO. My cervix was already shortened to 1cm, and I believe they said 50% effaced (I may have this a little backwards, as I don't speak enough Italian and they didn't speak enough English). And was still 2 cm dilated.

Had a visit from one of our American dr's yesterday letting us know we'd be leaving and I will be on bedrest for at least the next 2 weeks until I hit 36 wks. As well as 2 apts this week and more fetal monitoring.

If you got this far, thanks for reading! I just wanted to share my story with all of you and hope to get some added support as this bedrest thing is already kicking my butt and I've only been home for about 2 hours. As well as let anyone who doubts things can go wrong, you are very mistaken! I never thought this would happen and had no signs of PTL. Just be careful ladies!

DS: 8/9/11
Cycle 22: BFFP EDD Aug 30, 2014 
Beta 1: 17.9- Beta 2: 74.9- Beta 3: 341-
IT'S A GIRL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Add me to the list.. (Long-ish)

• T&p's headed your way. Thankfully you went to the hospital and got checked out. Hopefully your lo stays put fora few more weeks.
  • Thinking of you... Hope your LO can cook a bit longer and that you start to feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm sorry to hear this! If you're interested, the high risk board has a check in, and new posters ate always welcome. Hang in there, momma!
    Lucky SAHM to Grace

2.5 years, 3 IUIs, 2 IVFs, and 1 FET

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg" />
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Blog
  • HEY!  We're practically neighbors!!  Our family is stationed at Sigonella :)  But I digress.  T&P for you and your LO.  I hope everything goes well.

• I'm sending you lots of thoughts and prayers across the ocean...I hope LO stays in there as long as possible...Keep us posted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker I'm a Mom Maven. Learn More...
  • I have almost the exact same situation as you, except I didn't take a fall. I just felt a pain in my side for about 12 hours and decided to go in and we found out all the same stuff. I am on bed rest until 36 weeks too. And you are so right that it could just creep up and happen when you think everything is going as perfectly as possible. So best wishes to you. And etoyama is absolutely correct that the high risk board has some amazing mamas that are very supportive and happy to help you get through the next couple weeks of boredom that lie ahead. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • eesomeeesome
    5000 Comments Third Anniversary

I'm so sorry! How scared you must have been. I am glad things are okay for now, and you only have 2 weeks of bed rest to deal with.

I am also on bed rest for PTL, so if you ever want to chat, I am on here quite a bit.

Take care of yourself! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • gonzolgonzol
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary

Thank you all so much! All of your T&P's are much welcomed and appreciated! I am so glad to be apart of such an amazing board with some amazing ladies! And so glad there is so many mamas on bedrest and understand the feelings I've already started feeling. I look forward to getting to know you all a lot better! Wish I would have started posting earlier!

Etoyama, I very well may be taking a trip to the high risk board and check it out. Thank you for sharing with me they welcome you with open arms!

Desmerelda, If you ever take a trip up a little north to Naples, let me know! We pretty much are neighbors, Sigonella is the closest base to me!

Eesome, we may be chatting very soon! I forsee myself becoming a more avid poster and chatter! So far, I'm only on bedrest until 36 wks. This could very likely change if things keep progressing. Though they told me they wouldn't stop labor again if it happens since they've given me the steroids.

IT'S A GIRL!

• I fell this week, too, and virtually the same thing happened, minus the dilation... But I can't imagine how hard it would be for you being in a hospital where the language is uncommon!  It must've been scary.

T&P going your way.  I hope BOTH our babies can stay inside for at least another few weeks!  :) 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • gonzolgonzol
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary

The language barrier isn't as bad as it seems, I'm sure I made it out to be a little worse. It was just hard when they were trying to explain things with the u/s and the meds. We did have a liason who was our translator who came for a little bit during the day, and we had his phone number if we needed to call.

SoxFan:  I hope your LO stays put for at least another week or two! Though you've already got me beat because you're at 35+! I am quite honestly just hoping we make it to 34-35, LO seems to want out as soon as he can! Our dr even said he doesn't think we'll make it to full term at 37wks. His hopes are to get to 36. Either way, I hope we both have some understanding LO's and stay put for a little more time!

IT'S A GIRL!