Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Has this happened to anyone else???

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else here. I had a miscarriage June 4 and how things happened I still can't believe. We went for a u/s at 5 weeks and everything looked great all my bloodwork was coming back perfect. June 3 I started to have some discharge and spotting so my doctor sent me to get an ultrasound. We saw a heartbeat of 110!!! Well the bleeding got heavier and I miscarried at 6 weeks on June 4. My doctor said that was normal but other people tell me that is not normal. Has anyone had a miscarriage 24 hours after seeing a heartbeat???

Re: Has this happened to anyone else???

• Mine wasn't quite that quick but the normal spotting I had turned into bleeding two days after a perfect u/s with a hb and got pregressively heavier.  We had the loss officially confirmed by u/s one week after the good u/s and it looked like the baby had stopped developing just a day or two after my good u/s.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I didn't start spotting till 6/15... had my 1st u/s "sneak peak" on 6/6.  We saw the sac, the baby and the nurse prac saw the HB.  I was told by my Dr, after my u/s that confirmed no HB, that the baby stopped developing either that same day or a couple days later.  Makes me so sad to think, I thought it was alive that entire week :(
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary   tickers
    "The truth IS that the days will be filled with an unending ache and the nights will feel one million sad years long for a while. Healing is attained only after the slow necessary progression through the stages of grief and mourning."
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Our baby stopped developing a day or so after our ""good" ultrasound.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  We saw the hb of our 2nd baby on Nov 30th and then on December 8th, there was no heartbeat.  I do not know exactly when it lost it...but I can understand the disbelief you are feeling.  Again, I'm so sorry. 

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had a perfect ultrasound at 5w5d, 10am- we measured the fetal pole (1 day ahead!) and saw a healthy heartbeat- the nurse declined to measure the rate because she didn't want us to worry if it was slow since it was so early (and if we didn't have a rate she could get me in for two ultrasounds a week instead of one- so she liked to wait until after 6weeks to write it down so patients got to enjoy one of the few perks of being infertile with a very hands on clinic). No spotting, nothing bad going on at all.

5w6d, 9:30am I started cramping/bleeding heavily. We rushed back to the clinic and the nurse found the sac on ultrasound but it was hazy compared to the day before and we didn't try to get a fetal pole or heartbeat measurement. She thought that was encouraging and told me to elevate my feet, take an extra progesterone shot, and let her know around 1pm if anything changed. I called at 1 to let her know the bleeding had almost stopped- but I passed a very large clot. She told me to come in the next day for another ultrasound and bloodwork.

6w0d 10am there was no gestational sac and my beta dropped dramatically. I'm fairly sure that it was over before my afternoon call the day before.

I wouldn't say it's "normal". It's not something that we expect to happen. But my doctor said there was a 20% chance, give or take. I didn't know it was that high.

Friends for 15 years. Married 8. TTC since January 2009
    2010 Diagnosis: Anovulation and Severe MFI
    2011 Treatment:
    IVF w/ICSI #1 Antagonist: 2 blasts - c/p - BFN 04.22
    FET #1: 1 blast/1 early blast - BFP 06.22 - m/c 06.30 @6w0d
    07-11 RPL: MTHFR C677T Heterozygous & Slightly elevated ACLA IgM
    FET #2: 1 morula - BFN: 9.02

January '12: IVF #2
    Started BCP and Metformin (New!) 12-14 for stimming in January

Dum spiro, spero.
    ?SAIF/PAIF/PgAL/PAL always welcome?
  • I went from feeling her kick and being fine one day to going to a routine dr.'s appt. the next and not finding a heart beat.  So I know that punch-to-the-gut/out-of-nowhere/hit-you-like-a-ton-of-bricks feeling.  It's horrible.  I was so angry and upset and I kept asking my dr. why.  She said she didn't know but talked to me about options for testing.  That calmed me down a little bit.  It was nice to know that someone was committed to it as I was.  She was also visibly upset bc she felt so bad for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We heard a healthy 110hb at 6wk4days. (I was naive and thought since there was "less than 5% chance of losing the baby after you see the hb on an u/s" - I was in the clear. Foolish me.)  After having some bleeding, the u/s in ER got readings between 104-160. I miscarried the next day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageangelakh:

Our baby stopped developing a day or so after our ""good" ultrasound.

This. We had a missed m/c and did not find out until 2 weeks later though. Although we were measuring 10 days behind when we saw the hb

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast
  • I had an ultrasound at 8W5D and the baby had a great hb, and measured exactly on target. I foolishly thought I was in the clear but during my 10 week visit the baby had no hb.

They were monitoring me every week because I lost a twin very early on, like 5 weeks. I honestly thought baby A was going to make it.

:*(

BFP#1 1/04/2008 Liam Joseph born 09/26/08 @ 37 weeks BFP#2 5/8/2011 MC Found 06/20/2011, D&C 06/21/2011 @ 10 Weeks "Sometimes love lasts a moment. Sometimes love lasts a lifetime. Sometimes a moment is a lifetime."
  • We had a healthy u/s at 9 weeks with a heart beat of 144! I miscarried two days later.
    BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

• We had a heartbeat of ~100 at my checkup and spent 3-4 days waiting for it to either pick up or stop.  They can't and won't do a D&C while there is still a heartbeat because even if there is very little chance of things turning around they want to give your pregnancy every chance it can get it.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  *hugs*

Photobucket "...let's rewrite an ending that fits" Mom to DS 6/1999 and DD 1/2008 TTC #3 8/2010 M/C 10/2010 BFP 2/2/11 EDD 10/17/11 On our way to Baby #3 Stick Baby Stick!
  • My first miscarriage was like that. I was 9 weeks pregnant working in a bar and some drunk idiot picked me up and dropped me. I started getting cramps so I went to the ER and they found a heartbeat. I didn't think anything of it and when I went into my 12 week checkup, they found that the baby had been dead since week 9.

With my third miscarriage, I went into my 8 week checkup and everything with the baby was fine but they found something in my bloodwork and wanted to do another test. I went in a few days later for something completely unrelated to the pregnancy, and found out that the baby was dead.

I'm sorry for your loss- it's really hard when you see the heartbeat one day and its gone the next.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"