July 2011 Moms
Options

BF on a bus incident in MI

I saw her on the news today, I was impressed with how much she stood up for herself.    Video or news story.

I will likely not NIP much, but don't think a NIP mother should be kicked off a bus.  Especially by another mother (WTF, bus driver was a Mom, you'd think she'd know a woman's rights). 

I'm up late and the board has been slow. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

Re: BF on a bus incident in MI

• Options

Good for her. Off topic, That article reminded me I need to figure out where I am pumping this fall. With DS I used an office in the building of someone on sabbatical. My office is in a different building then the classes I teach (college)

I also did not NIP. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She had an hour+ bus ride and a 3 week old, so I think in that case I'd have no choice but to NIP (though I'd personally probably have a cover, but don't think you *have to* if you are being discrete).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    An hour+ and I would do it too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In my state, anyone who harasses a nursing mother can be subject to a $500 fine PER INCIDENT.  I ever carry cards that state this.
  • Options

I've got some pretty big ole boobies and I NIP with my DD.  I never had an issue.  I typically used a blanket or cover, but if I didn't have one readily available it was easy enough to be discreet and not expose myself. 

I understand being a bit nervous about it, but seriously I never gave it a second thought.  I dunno- something about feeding my kid took the whole boob out in public perception away from it.  Don't ask me how, cause I am really modest with my chest!

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • Options

That is fabulous!  I was fortunate to never be bothered when NIP with DD.  I'd probably cause a stink if it happened, though, just because its so ridiculous.  

ETA: Stupid Nest was supposed to quote GeneGoddess: "In my state, anyone who harasses a nursing mother can be subject to a $500 fine PER INCIDENT.  I ever carry cards that state this."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"