3rd Trimester

Dates with the husband...NBR

So I'm now 3 days overdue, which compared to a lot of people isn't very bad at all.  I've not had any contractions, not dialated, etc, etc.  Instead of dwelling on it, my husband and I have decided to make these last couple (or several) days really special for us.  The problem is, we live in a very rural area and have a tight budget.  Any ideas of some fun dates to fill up our time?  We've googled a lot of ideas, but most of them seem really lame :(

Re: Dates with the husband...NBR

• Picnic?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Ireland 2010

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge

Marie has

read 33 books toward her goal of 75 books.

hide

• these might be lame too, but heres trying..... 

give each other massages

cook a really special dinner

watch a movie together 

take a luxurious bath together

go for a long walk (could help with getting labor going!)

have sex (also helps with labor! :) )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • blue revolution has a lot of good ideas!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH and I rarely go out to eat/movies - but we constantly go on walks/hikes together and I really like the picnic idea someone mentioned.
  • DH & I are country folk :-) and just like being together. Somethings we do on date night is: fishing, camping, star gazing (it's even cooler if there's a meteor shower!), skipping rocks on the lake, cross the lake in a canoe or paddle boat, go the park & have a picnic & play on the swings, riding our bikes thru the trails (can't do that now that I'm preggo), movie night @ home or drive-in movie, driving thru "rich neighborhoods" dreaming about possibilities, romantic dinner at home w/ an extra romantic "dessert", if you know what I mean.

Yeah, this is some of the things we like to do. Doesn't take much to keep us entertained. I just love spending time with him away from our everyday routine & responsibilities.  

pregnancy calendar BabyName Ticker
  • Picnic

fireworks

give each other massages

game night (DH and I love to have friends over for these, but we do play by ourselves sometimes, too)

make a really nice dinner and drink sparkling grape juice

Preemie Resources: http://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/

DD1: BFP July 2010...HG in first tri, MC delivered vaginally at 18 weeks October 2010

DS: BFP December 2011...SCH at 5 weeks, SBR at 7 weeks, Placental Abruption at 13 weeks, Hospitalized at 25 weeks, pPROM at 28 weeks, PTL via CS at 31 weeks 

DD2: BFP January 2013...P17 shots, delivered via VBAC at 39 weeks
  • sex?

might sound lame, but then again...you're about to go on a 6 wk drought from it.

imageimage
    PersonalMilestone
  • image SugarQueen101:

DH & I are country folk :-) and just like being together. Somethings we do on date night is: fishing, camping, star gazing (it's even cooler if there's a meteor shower!), skipping rocks on the lake, cross the lake in a canoe or paddle boat, go the park & have a picnic & play on the swings, riding our bikes thru the trails (can't do that now that I'm preggo), movie night @ home or drive-in movie, driving thru "rich neighborhoods" dreaming about possibilities, romantic dinner at home w/ an extra romantic "dessert", if you know what I mean.

Yeah, this is some of the things we like to do. Doesn't take much to keep us entertained. I just love spending time with him away from our everyday routine & responsibilities.  

Sooo sweet!  I love these! =]  Now I wish I lived in the country.  Hehe.  My husband and I like to take walks together, even if it isn't anywhere pretty and scenic (we don't get all of the pretty scenery that the country provides!).  If there is a small road trip you can go on - maybe an hour away or so - that might be a nice change of pace.  Maybe an outlet mall (spoil yourself with a new purse or a pedicure!) or a trip to the zoo if there is one around you somewhere.  Or you could always stay at home and play board games together.  Hope your last days without baby are enjoyable and memorable!