1st Trimester

Your first appointment

I'm trying to get a time estimate on the first appointment. I need to let my manager know, but I don't have any idea how long all of this will take. I'm assuming it'll take a little longer then just going in to get a physical or something. Thanks for any help!
BFP#1 06/26/2011, EDD 03/01/2012, mmc8w5d
BFP#2 12/28/2011, EDD 09/09/2012, mc 4w1d
BFP#3 06/25/2012, EDD 03/09/2013, Jillian born 03/13/2013!
BFP #4 01/25/2014, EDD 10/07/2014, mc 4w2d
TTA until Sept and/or we finish RPL testing. First round of bloodwork came back normal. Next step, karyotyping

My IRLTBBFF is the shit! Love you, Crammalammadingdong!

Constant thoughts and love to my dear friend, CLE <3

Re: Your first appointment

• My dr said mine will take at least an hour for my first appt.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The family hx appointment takes about an hour and about the same for the first doctor appt depending on how bad the wait times are for your dr.
  • Usually they say to allow a couple of hours. You have to get all the health history stuff, blood drawn, weight, blood pressure, often an internal check up and breast exam....
  • I am going for my first appt tomorrow morning (FINALLY!).  My doctor told me to expect to be there for 2-3 hours.  They are going to take blood, do a sono, and then meet with my OBGYN. 
    My Journey to Baby:

August 2009 - Started TTC

July 2010 & August 2010 Round #1 - #2 - 50 mg Clomid 3-7day

September 2010 Round #3 -100 mg 3-7 day Clomid

October 4, 2010 - FINALLY a BFP!

October 13, 2010 - 6w1d - We lost our sweet little baby

April 1, 2011 - Round #4 - 100 mg Clomid 3-7day - BFN

May 2, 2011 - Round #5 - 100 mg Clomid 3-7 day

May 28, 2011 BFP!
    Sweet baby girl born January 25, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would recommend at least 2 hours. My Dr never gets me in on time and with the u/s and discussions, we are usually there for 2 hours.

[image

first time mommy Pictures, Images and Photos
  • I just had my first appointment with the midwife on monday (10 weeks 6 days). I had already been in for an appointment about 2 weeks ago where they found out family history, personal info, confirmed pregnancy and drew blood. My appointment 2 weeks ago lasted about and hour. Then my appointment on monday lasted about 40 min. At my appointment with the midwife they took a urine sample, went over options of first trimester screening, did the pelvis exam/pap, heard the heart beat and got our first ultrasound. It was amazing! Hope that helps :) if all of that is in one appointment for you and not two separate I would bank on two hours. 
  • My first appointment took almost an hour.