Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I remember why we fed DS solids at 4 months

We haven't given C anything, but we started E on solids at about 4 months, 1 week.  I was kind of wondering why I had given in and fed him solids so early when I had planned on waiting until 6 months....I remembered.  All of a sudden, C is super interested in everything we are eating and tries to grab it!  Still going to wait though...no way am I starting in on solid food diapers earlier than necessary...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I remember why we fed DS solids at 4 months

• This is our first, and I thought the same thing. He is super interested in everything we are eating. He loves to watch us eat and he "chews" on his syringe when we give him his reflux meds. But we tried some cereal yesterday and he just pushed it right out. He still has his tongue-thrust reflex, so we'll be waiting a couple more weeks before we try again.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first didn't really have the interest, but DD just started grabbing for my food the past couple of days and I thought I had more time before I had to worry about that.  We won't start until 6 months, but it's crazy how she wants the food and won't be interested if I offer her a toy instead!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From what I have read this is not so much interested in food as it is interested in mimicking what mommy and daddy are doing. Try giving LO a plate/ bowl and a spoon to play with while you eat.

I am holding off for the sake of the solid poop too... but WHO and Health Canada still recommend EBF 'til 6 months... add to that the fact that I am thinking of trying BLW rather than purees and it only make sense to wait.

We picked up his high chair today (from the post office, since I am weird and wanted the Ikea Antilop... cost a fortune to have it shipped...) so I am kinda excited, but I can totally wait another 7ish weeks...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • image drea_raye:

From what I have read this is not so much interested in food as it is interested in mimicking what mommy and daddy are doing. Try giving LO a plate/ bowl and a spoon to play with while you eat.

I am holding off for the sake of the solid poop too... but WHO and Health Canada still recommend EBF 'til 6 months... add to that the fact that I am thinking of trying BLW rather than purees and it only make sense to wait.

We picked up his high chair today (from the post office, since I am weird and wanted the Ikea Antilop... cost a fortune to have it shipped...) so I am kinda excited, but I can totally wait another 7ish weeks...

We have the Antilop too!  I love it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards