Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

LO not sleeping?

Background: My son will be 2 years at the end of September and he was a BF baby until 6 months ago. So up until that time we did co-sleep halfway thru the night. But in about March he finally transition into his own bed completely and has been sleeping thru the night like a champ.

However recently, we are going on a week now, he is getting up in the middle of the night again and it is turning into a battle of the strongest to go back down. I check everything is he wet, is he thirst, does he not feel well, did he get scared. I come up with nothing. He calms down if I give in and bring him back to our bed or if i sleep on his floor.

So my question is has anyone else experienced this? Is it just a phase? Does anyone else have any other ideas of what else could be wrong that I might be missing?

Re: LO not sleeping?

• My son is still BF and we have both brought him to our bed and put him back in his on different nights throughout his life. About a week ago he went through a phase (several nights in a row, for almost a week) where he would wake up around 1 and be full of energy, want to play etc for several hours. I would try to put him back to sleep for a while but it was fruitless so we gave up and let him play and he eventually went back to sleep around 4 or 5. It was hell. However, it was just a phase. He's back to his normal sleep habits now. Maybe that's all yours is too?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards