July 2011 Moms

Carpal Tunnel

I have developed Carpal Tunnel over night! It is so painfulld and now I have to wear braces at work. I am already 36 week and feeling huge but now I look even funnier with these braces on! Has anyone else developed Carpal Tunnel

Re: Carpal Tunnel

• That sucks.  My friend had to wear the braces for a while too when she was about 37 weeks along, I always felt bad for her because people would always make jokes about going bowling or golfing later.  Sad

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Really bad! Feels like needles on fire in my hands and arms! My dr sent me to physical therapy and they gave me some weird tape (kinesio tape) to wear from my fingers to my elbows. Talk about looking like a freak! lol...but it sure seems to help keep my swelling down. Said that was all they could do since I was prego :( I wear a brace to....especially at night...which seems to help too! I'm 36 weeks too...so we are almost done and this 'should' all go away! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had it since early May I think. It started out with 3 of the fingers in my right hand going numb, now the same 3 in my left hand are numb too :(. My OB gave me a brace but it doesn't help and I can't sleep in it so I'm just dealing with it until LO arrives.
  • LizS81LizS81 member
    I know that is what I keep telling myself, almost there or only temperary!!
  • Yes, I posted about this a few weeks ago and I know there are several people that have had it. I was only wearing one brace at night, but had to get one for the left hand over the weekend. It is painful and annoying....I've kind of gotten used to having to deal with it unfortunately. Hang in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLizS81:
    I have developed Carpal Tunnel over night! It is so painfulld and now I have to wear braces at work. I am already 36 week and feeling huge but now I look even funnier with these braces on! Has anyone else developed Carpal Tunnel

Had it for the last 7 months, be happy you just got it now.  The braces didn't do anything for me.  So tired of dropping things or not being about to hand write or hold things.  Can't wait to having feeling in my fingers and hands again.

• Like many symptoms I feel lucky to have just developed this within the last month. It started out slow but now it's full blown and I have a mostly constant tingling or pain in one or both hands. Pain in my left and tingling in my right. It's weird. I am just trying to get through till whenever this baby decides to make her debut Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"