September 2011 Moms

Are baby hangers necessary?

I am just wondering if I should spend the money on small hangers, or if I should just save my money and get adult hangers...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are baby hangers necessary?

• I use all small hangers for my kids clothes and they just fit way better than big ones. It's really in what you want tho..
    Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image
  • ummmm baby clothes won't fit on adult hangers and if you shove them on them, they will have those ackward bumps and be all streatched out and such.  You need the baby hangers if you plan on hanging clothing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePina:
    ummmm baby clothes won't fit on adult hangers and if you shove them on them, they will have those ackward bumps and be all streatched out and such.  You need the baby hangers if you plan on hanging clothing.

This, and you can get baby hangers really cheap.  I got 10 packs at Target for $1.99.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • have you tried putting baby clothes on an adult hanger?  it doesn't work.  our 3T sized stuff doesn't even fit on an adult hanger.  Just get the small ones.  they aren't that expensive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I doubt you'd be able to fit baby clothes on an adult hanger. Not without them getting weird lumps from hanging funny, at least. Baby hangers are cheap, cheaper even than adult hangers, so just grab a few packs at Target.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • too bad you aren't close by, my friend is having a girl and got rid of all her "boy" red white and blue kid size hangers...now I have a TON! Since this little one doesn't have a closet I have been hanging up my daughters clothes, but my 8 year olds clothes go on an adult hanger.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ella&CElla&C member
    Yes, they are. And they are just over $1 for 10 at walmart and Baby Depot(part of Burlington Coat Factory).
  • Yes, you need them if you're planning on hanging clothes.  The cheapest I found was $1 for 10 at Walmart.  I like the Walmart ones best.  Because they're thin so I can fit more in the closet.  Previously I had bought them at BRU for 3.99 for 10.  Now I'm all about the Walmart ones.
  • Lol. I'm feeling pretty dumb right now. I wasn't even thinking about fitting baby clothes on a big hanger. I think I am going to go with baby hangers. I promise I'm not normally such an idiot...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not all of my clothes have come with hangers and I invested on some baby hangers. I love them.

I dont know if adult hangers would work just yet. I had trouble fitting some baby clothes on the baby hangers so I can't imagine putting baby/kid clothes on adult hangers is exactly easy. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I still use baby hangers for my kids clothes. When they hit size like 8-10 the shirts don't fit so well but the jeans do and I find if I put their jeans on adult hangers they slide to one side especially since kids are not so careful when picking out clothes. It seems to keep the jeans hung up and the closet looking neater.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageJenniferAnnes:

imagePina:
    ummmm baby clothes won't fit on adult hangers and if you shove them on them, they will have those ackward bumps and be all streatched out and such.  You need the baby hangers if you plan on hanging clothing.

This, and you can get baby hangers really cheap.  I got 10 packs at Target for $1.99.

The Dollar Tree has them for (what else) $1!  They have them in pink or blue, and I think even white.  I save where I can!  Haha...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"