Blended Families
Options

BFF's with BM

I have mentioned before how there is no middle ground with BM, we are either not communicating at all OR we are constantly communicating.

Hey T, whats the plan for the weekend?  Are you ok for all day Sat? Trish is home and we r heading out Sat night so just confirming the details.

When she starts to call me T we are back in best buddy land.  GUARANTEED I will be having coffee in her house int he next week or two. 

I replied that I was good for the weekend and to enjoy her nights out and say hi to Trish (mutual friend).

Her reply..

Just meeting her now she is coming to watch [SS] football match, I will say hi.  You are welcome to join us.  If not see you Fri at my house let me know what time suits

DH was dying laughing, then he turned to me and said Hon I can't describe how much this means to me.  

Anyhow hopefully we can make it last this time.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BFF's with BM

• Options

This makes me LOL... she sounds like my MIL.  One minute she loves me, the next I am a she devil!  

Hope you enjoy your coffee! :-) 

• Options
    Ha! Love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL, my husband teases that I am BFF's with BM too.  Once we start texting about pick up/drop off plans, she is then an hour later sending me a picture of her new shoes or something of that sort. I just have to laugh.  I suppose at least we can be civil.  Sometimes :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

For the last 7 years I have gone through a similar cycle with my SD BM. One minute we can be civil and all is good and then she turns and no body loves SD everyone hates her. She isn't going to let us see her, etc.

I finally have completely seperated myself from it. I do not talk to her unless I am picking up/dropping off SD or if there is something that I need to know about that is going on.

It keeps things a little bit easier for me and less stressful. But still BM tries to be buddy buddy and I won't let it get that far.

I hope it works out for you, but I could never get it right I guess.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My MIL is the same way.  That's great, though.  BM isn't speaking to me or DH anymore, only communicates with MIL, (who plays both sides) which is fine by me but awkward for SS =[
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"