December 2011 Moms

Orange to Avocado?

Is it just me, or is an orange bigger than an avocado? I feel like I will be going backwards tomorrow. Sad  We had a huge family discussion, and none of us understand it. Am I alone in this?

LOL sorry so random!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Orange to Avocado?

• You read my mind.  In fact, I even eyed them both while in the produce section today.  Orange is definitely bigger.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, they either should switch them or change orange to tangerine.  Now I want guacamole....
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to an Avocado tomorrow too but the Avocado's I grew up with were huge (almost the size of a cantaloupe) so I really have no idea what size avocado they may be referring too but to make us all happy lets go with the ones I grew up with instead of the smaller ones :-).  Happy 16 weeks!!!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • well, its hard to tell. The oranges I bought last week were mammoths and the ones i bought this week are itty bitty.... 

Maybe it depends on your region haha

When I lived in Bolivia the papayas we bought were bigger than watermelons...here, they are barely the size of a mango.....  

• Is there a difference between an orange and a navel orange?  Maybe the navel oranges are smaller...then maybe it would make sense.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I feel a lot of the fruits are off in size on the ticker, oh well. As long as the fruits keep changing I'm happy!
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• I thought that too but isn't it the length from one side to the other--so, the avocado, laying sideways like in the pic, is 4.5in vs the orange which is 4inches or something like that.

Wow...I sound lame...this is what I get for being bored and nauseous and being a sloth tonight.

• I am a peach tomorrow and then I was like wait.. the next week I will be a lemon? Maybe I just don't know my fruit sizes but it seems like a lemon is smaller than a peach. Also at I think 21 weeks it goes from being a cantaloupe to a banana... what??? Maybe at that point it's just measuring length but it doesn't make sense to me at all..
    Born at 26 weeks 2 days gestation, 2 pounds 2 ounces due to IC/PTL,
    and after 82 days in the NICU, our little girl is home!
    Untitled Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • This is why I am doing my fruit salad count down - I have the lilypie fruits/veggies going at the same time just to see the difference.

This week I am orange/pear. As of tomorrow it will be avo/grapefruit. That seems like a pretty substantial change in size! It also makes me want grapefruit. Stick out tongue

• imageirwinkle:

Is it just me, or is an orange bigger than an avocado? I feel like I will be going backwards tomorrow. Sad  We had a huge family discussion, and none of us understand it. Am I alone in this?

LOL sorry so random!!

My thoughts exactly!  

• imageirwinkle:

LOL sorry so random!!

My thoughts exactly!  

• Ha! We just had a discussion about this the other day on 2nd Tri I think, but the fruit reference is the the length, not the overall size and shape of the fruit. So yes, while an orange is bigger overall, it would be accurate that an avocado is bigger in LENGTH than an orange. Hope that helps to clarify.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

• fruit varies so much in size not even sure why they use it as a comparison. Maybe they meant clementine? haha. Guess just read the measurements instead.

• Lol I felt the same way when I went from a peach(13 weeks) to a lemon (14 weeks). I was like what a minute here...

Tomorrow I will be joining you avocados :)

Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"