Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

If you've redecorated LO's room

Was it sad?

We did not know LO's gender (Team Green) so his room is pretty gender neutral and sweet baby-ish.  I love it but, we're having trouble getting him to sleep in his crib (he hates it) and we're considering redoing the room when we turn the crib into a toddler bed this summer.  I'm kind of sad to think of changing it but excited too.

How was it?  Did you cry? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you've redecorated LO's room

• I haven't changed DD's room yet, but I'm getting things ready to make it a big girl room. It's sad that she's growing up and isn't my teeny tiny baby anymore, but it's exciting to see her change at the same time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • We actually redecorated the guest room for DD and moved her in there, and we left the nursery as it was.  It was gender neutral, so we got to use it for DS.  We lost our guest room, but we would have anyway with 2 kids.  We will use the nursery again with #3, and when we eventually change that over I don't think I will be sad, as the nursery will have gotten about 6 years of use by that time.  However, there have been other things that have made me feel a little sad at how big the kids have gotten.  Recently it has been hard packing up DS's clothes knowing I won't have another little boy to wear them (we are done after #3-another girl).  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • When we found out we were having #2, I went back and forth for months trying to decide do I keep DS in his room (that is closest to us) or move him down the hall? I was sad since yes, I made that room for him. But I finally made the decision to move him and made him an even way better room that I LOVE (and so does he). And I also re-did the nursery and I love that so much more than it was as well. So I'm happier now.

I think it's cool since they have real personalities now so you can decorate to that rather than just an unknown. It helps :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"