July 2011 Moms
Options

Gift advice from 2nd time mama's

My SIL is due 10 days after I am and already has one younger daughter.  I want to get them something for LO #2. 

Mini background, they live in another province - I'm sending it over FedEx so I'd prefer it not to be something massive. They didn't know gender of LO one to begin with so they do have alot of gender neutral things, plus now girly things obviously.  They don't know the gender of this LO - what are things you still need for baby #2 that may be helpful.  I'm stumped on this one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gift advice from 2nd time mama's

• Options
    For me, we needed more towels and washclothes, feeding supplies (bottle nipples, pacifiers, pump parts) and a new monitor.  Those were the big ones that weren't gender specific.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They're kind of boring, but I looooove crisp white new onesies. Also, I don't think you can have enough gowns, they are so nice for late night changes.
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If there isn't something that you know they really need, I would try to do something special for this baby.

My first baby got so many personalized and handmade things like blankets and stuff. 
    When I had my second he really didn't get much of that.  But one of my sil's got him a baby blanket.  It didn't have his name or anything because we hadn't decided on a name at the time, but it was still his own special blanket,  He is 2.5 now and he loves that thing. 

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies - already way more ideas than I had in mind!  Yes  These are great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MPSWMPSW member
    My "go-to" baby gift -- for a first baby or younger siblings -- is a personalized boat tote from LL Bean. Ditto what PP said about getting something monogrammed or personalized for the younger kids ... they get so many hand-me-downs, it's nice to have something just for them. And this is something that can grow with them (not specifically baby-related) but handy from the start.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My DD trashed all her bibs with solids so I had to get 2.0 all new bibs. This LO also has hardly any stuffed animals or anything since her sister got some at showers and I didn't do a sprinkle or anything. Also there are books DD is attached to and doesn't want to share with her sister.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"