Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My Flame-worthy Co-sleep confession

Monday night, Scarlett co-slept with my SIL because I had a high fever and I couldn't lay still in bed. I tend to thrash when I have a high fever.

I didn't even worry for one second about her being unsafe in SIL's bed and I actually slept better knowing she was being taken care of for me.

If we had to go out of town for a weekend without the baby, SIL would gladly co-sleep with Scarlett for the weekend, and I have no problems with it.

SIL and bro co-slept with all 3 of thier kids, so I guess that calmed any fears I had. Bro opted to sleep in another room because he was afraid he wouldn't co-sleep the same with a child that wasn't his.

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
Bloggin' It

Re: My Flame-worthy Co-sleep confession

• i don't see anything wrong with it. If you co-sleep, and they did, and you trust them, it was probably easier for her to transition than sleep on her own, and DEFINATELY better than co-sleeping with you if you had a fever.

She was taken care of and comfortable, that's all that matters.

• To each his own, not flameworthy in my opinion
  • Loading the player...
  • This is totally different from the previous MIL senario, IMO.  This I am perfectly okay with.
  • oh, bad Coastie!!  BAAAAADD COASTIE!!

tee hee!  Wink

• i don't think that's flameworthy at all, actually it shows how great of a family you have.
  • Co-sleep in the same bed? Or just the same room?

Because I personally wouldn't be comfortable with DS co-sleeping in the same bed that is not DH or myself.  That's just me.

• Aw, it's sweet that you have a SIL you can trust like that.
  • DS coslept with my parents last weekend. I never even considered that some may think that is strange.
  • I agree - not a problem.  I think its cute.
  • imageakiernan:

Co-sleep in the same bed? Or just the same room?

Because I personally wouldn't be comfortable with DS co-sleeping in the same bed that is not DH or myself.  That's just me.

In the same bed.

Bloggin' It
  • I agree that this is different than the MIL post b/c you're already co-sleeping w/ DC & no one is suggesting you let them "train" your baby. I think your situation is totally fine & if I were in your situation I might make the same decision :)

• See I would have no worries with my son co-sleeping with any of my siblings.

It just scares me to think of him with any of our parents. Both our dad's fall asleep mid-sentence, MIL is overweight, and my mom sleeps really deeply. I hope the MIL poster didn't think I was flaming her!!! Off to check:)

• SammyluvsJ:  So, what if YOU were overweight?  Would you refuse to co-sleep with your child because of being fat?

• imageakiernan:

SammyluvsJ:  So, what if YOU were overweight?  Would you refuse to co-sleep with your child because of being fat?

Being extremely obese is considered a risk factor for safe co-sleeping, according to advocates of co-sleeping (not just Dr. Sears, but I have this page bookmarked).

Obesity itself may cause sleep apnea in the mother, in addition to the smothering danger of pendulous breasts and large fat rolls.
    Bloggin' It
  • I'm not sure if I would co-sleep if I were obese. Before I had my baby I didn't think I would do it but I did. I'm talking about someone else sleeping with my child. Sorry it that offends you but I don't feel like it is a safe situation to put my child in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"