February 2012 Moms

6w2d ultrasound

That's where i'll be at for my first ultrasound...what should I expect to see?? I know with DD we saw a sac, yolk, and fetal pole, but no HB....anyone see a HB at that point??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 6w2d ultrasound

• I was 6 weeks and got to see and hear the HB!  Good luck!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so jealous of these early U/S and heartbeats... My first appt is at 8 weeks and I am told that it is just a "check-up" and won't include either of those... :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw the heartbeat with my son at that point but with this pregnancy we have only seen the yolk sac . I was 6 weeks 2 days yesterday. I guess every pregnancy is different! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • I saw the heartbeat with my son at that point but with this pregnancy we have only seen the yolk sac . I was 6 weeks 2 days yesterday. I guess every pregnancy is different! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • I am having mine at 6w1d tomorrow and the doctor said it'll really be a 50/50 chance of seeing a heartbeat. I am excited but I know if I don't see it, i'll really worry! Especially since my office only does ultrasounds on Wednesdays! My OB said by 6w4d they like to see a heartbeat. Good luck to you and H&H 9 months!! :-)

Our angel is in heaven 12/12/08
    BFP 2/25/09
    HCG 3/6=518 3/8=1230
    1st Ultrasound 3/18 FHR=103
    2nd U/S 3/20 FHR=118!!
    3rd U/S 4/1 FHR=169 :)
    BIG U/S 5/22=IT'S A BOY! FHR-148
    DS Born October 30, 2009
    BFP 5/27/11 Stick baby, stick!
    HCG 5/31=140 P=9 HCG 6/2=292 P=11
    1ST Ultrasound 6/15 FHR=109!!
    U/S 8/18=IT'S A BOY! FHR-141 :)
    DS Born January 20, 2012
    BFP 5/27/13 EDD 2-5-14
    U/S 8/17 FRH-141 It's a boy!!

• With DS, the first u/s was at 6w2d and we saw the hb.  The heart rate was still a little low, I think it was 97, because the heart had JUST started beating.  It had increased to 140-150 by our next visit.

This time, the first u/s is scheduled for 7w2d, and while the wait is killing me, I'm glad that the heart should for sure be beating by then. 

• I think it can go either way that early. It's definitely possible to see the hb (and I hope you will!!).

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days and we saw & heard a heartbeat. Good luck and enjoy seeing your little one!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My first ultrasound won't be until I'm 9 weeks. Don't know how I'm going to make it that long!! I keep telling myself that at least I should really be able to see something by then.

• jk382jk382 member

Hi!  I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days and I was able to see the fetal pole, yolk sac, and a little heartbeat!  It was small, but I could see the heart flickering on the screen.  Everyone is different, so your MD will probably match your beta levels with what he sees on the ultrasound.  GL.  Keep us posted!!!

• I'm in the same boat as you!  I'm going to the doctor tonight and am hoping to see a heartbeat as well.  I'm 6w1d and very anxious as this is my first pregnancy since my miscarriage in late November.  Good luck to you and let me know how you do!
    TTC since 8/2010 9/27/10 - BFP! 11/30/10 - M/C (11 weeks) and D & C 5/31/11 - BFP! 6/25/11 M/C (8 weeks) and D & C Genetic Testing to follow...nothing found :( 9/11 - BFP! 11/11/11 M/C (7 weeks) natural Dx: Hypothyroidism 5/1/12 - BFP! EDD: 1/1/13 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was 6w1d and saw the heartbeat! GL!
    Eric and Amanda 9.1.07
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • at 6w3d i saw a hab! but that was with a transvaginal u/s, she took awhile to find it. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"