1st Trimester

wwyd: girlfriends want to go to a club friday

and im not the type to generally say no. I LOVE dancing and rarely get invited to go out with the single gals anymore. We arent telling anone im preggers until after july 4th, so i can't say i might be puking and falling asleep on the dancefloor....

few concerns... #1- though i havent gained any weight, i look about 4 months pregnant and im afraid theyll guess. 

#2- though i volunteered to play sober sister claiming it was my turn... if they offer a beer and i refuse, my cover will so be blown. i tend to be the life of the party.

#3- I really might just fall asleep. 

but i dont wanna blow my cover!! what would you do? makie up a clever excuse or just man up and go?

My Signature won't work! I am a proud mommy of two (1&3) and starting an adventure to help a family having a baby through surrogacy. ***My Surrogacy Blog*** http://www.themandyloo.blogspot.com

Re: wwyd: girlfriends want to go to a club friday

• I personally wouldn't go.  Only because I rarely make it past 10:30 these days and the thought of staying out late just exhausts me.  Haha.

You can always fake drink.  I've been doing it every weekend.  Drinking just juice or pop and pretending there is alcohol in it.  If someone offers you a beer just say you're drinking the hard stuff and you don't want to mix.  Its always easy to order a virgin drink. 

Edit:  As far as looking pregnant I've been sticking to empire waist dresses for my bloat.  They are a lifesaver! 

BabyFruit Ticker

FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • I'd go and drink virgin girly drinks. I just got back from a weekend away where I enjoyed several virgin daiquiris by the pool :)

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Could you agree to go, and then that day say you have a head cold or something? That way you could make an appearance for a bit, but when you don't drink and start to fade, you can bail early and blame it on the cold/stomach bug/allergies/etc?
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • erbearerbear
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 100 Love Its
    go. carry around a beer all night if it makes you feel better. people aren't looking at you as much as you think,
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • i wouldn't go either - but i'm in bed by 9:00 these days.  maybe just say you're not feeling well or that you have something else going on?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went to a co-workers wedding on Saturday and not one person at my table noticed I was not drinking (including my boss)! I had a cranberry juice and I think everyone just assumed it was vodka since I am never not drinking at weddings and work events.  It's amazing how people really don't pay as much attention as you think they will!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i probably wouldn't go, but i've been so tired and nausea lately that it wouldn't be worth it. that being said, people really don't notice as much as we think they do. we went to a wedding last week and nobody noticed i wasn't drinking:)
    BFP #1: 1/27/11, mc 3/17/11 at 9w2d, baby measured at 8w3d, no heartbeat BFP #2: 5/13/11; beta #1: 382, beta #2: 7842. heartbeat: 103 at 6 weeks; 146 at 7 weeks, 165 at 9 weeks, 173 at 12 weeks, 158 at 16 weeks. BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wouldn't go. They will find out you're pregnant eventually. I would just rest easy and be concerned for the little growing fetus inside and not on my social life. Take care & good luck!

Bebe Mama imageMyspace Graphics
    Myspace Graphics, Birthstones Graphics at WishAFriend.com baby
  • I say go if you want to go!  Although I disagree w/ the people below entirely.  I am the same way, typically the life of the party and always down for a few beers.  I had that problem just this weekend.  Few things to help though, ask for a beer in a bottle, not a glass if possible, because it's harder to see in.  Also, take fake sips of it, or for that matter a couple of tiny sips of beer will not hurt you or your baby one ounce.  But try to "move around a bit" shift who you're talking to, that way not just one person is paying attention to your drink.  I randomly was dumping mine out all night when I could.  Or the "mixed drink" also works! 

Another thing too is I am crazy tired all of the time, but you'd be surprised how long you can hang once you're up and moving about and doing things.  You're pregnant.  Not handicapped, go have fun and do the things you normally would!

• I would not offer to be dd all night.  While I have no problem hanging out while everyone is drinking and opening a beer or two of my own (really no one pays any attention to whether or not you drink it), around 10:30pm I am done with it and I start getting grouchy.  I am tired, I want to go to bed, and I am sick of watching everyone else have a grand old time.  

I would say I had an early morning, and want to be in bed by 11pm.  I would be happy to take anyone home then. 

• lots of good ideas here. i REALLY like the idea of giving the girls a cerfew o im not out closing down the bar. here's what ive decided.

i will go, sip cranberry all night and then no one will think of a thing of it when i constantly have to pee- because i am already going every hour, third tri is going to kill me- and say i need to be out of the club by midnight. 

good deal. :)

My Signature won't work! I am a proud mommy of two (1&3) and starting an adventure to help a family having a baby through surrogacy. ***My Surrogacy Blog*** http://www.themandyloo.blogspot.com
  • I would just say you already have plans or some such and not go. I tried going to a bar with some friends when I was pregnant the first time around, and the smell of the booze drove me away after a few minutes.

• Cranberry and sprite tastes good and looks like a mixed drink. I was drinking that at my friend's wedding a few weeks ago and the people who knew I was pregnant gave me weird looks and a few needed reassurance that I wasn't drinking alcohol. (not that I drink that much to begin with)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image tstoermer:

Few things to help though, ask for a beer in a bottle, not a glass if possible, because it's harder to see in.  Also, take fake sips of it, or for that matter a couple of tiny sips of beer will not hurt you or your baby one ounce.  But try to "move around a bit" shift who you're talking to, that way not just one person is paying attention to your drink.  I randomly was dumping mine out all night when I could. 

This made me LoL...waaay too complicated for a simple night out.  Just go, get a virgin drink, and have fun.  If you need to bail early, tell them you have a headache or just let them know ahead of time you can't stay super late.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • #1 - Hey you can think of this as a plus -- If they guess and your cover is blown then you won't have to explain why you're not drinking.

#2 - One commenter suggested getting virgin drinks. You can still be the life of the party without taking a drink that's offered. All in all it's better to have your cover blown than to drink and risk your baby's health.

#3 -  If you're feeling tired just let them know you're getting over a cold and are starting to feel tired again. Don't stay out if you're too tired - make sure you're thinking of the health of your baby!

• If you want to go I would go.  I would go and have a few virgin drinks to have a good time and then when you're tired, tell them you've got a busy day tomorrow and head out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd say definitely go. If anybody DOES notice you are not drinking, you could always say you are on anti-biotics.

• When my girlfriend was pregnant with her daughter she came out for my birthday and I was the only one that knew she was pregnant... She told everyone else she had a bladder infection and was on antibiotics.  It worked! no one questioned it and no one forced her to drink.

If you truly want to go then this excuse always works best, if you dont want to go then tell them you have early morning plans with your mother or sister 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards