Baby Names

Top dog names

So i posted earlier asking about Lola (as a nickname) and lots of people said it reminded them of a dogs name (which really doesn't bother me).  But i thought it was funny because there are quite a few names that are popular/trendy that are very common for dogs. 

For example, my dogs name is Riley and it's a top dog named.  I still love the name for a little girl though! 

Anyways, just wanted to share this link of top dogs name!  Kind of fun/interesting.

http://www.dog-paw-print.com/100-dog-names.html

Re: Top dog names

• mama31mama31
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My dog I Maggie.  I never knew that was so popular.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My sister's name is Sadie, and she hated it growing up for the dog name reason.  Almost every single time she would introduce herself, the person would respond, "Oh, I used to have a dog named Sadie!" 

She likes her name just fine now, but I know she felt traumatized as a kid. 

• The list doesn't surprise me much, except for Samantha. I didn't expect to see that on a dog name list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • A few months back I saw  afew posts about people wanting to name their sons "Hendrix" I personally think its an awesome name....thats why I named my dog Hendrix. My hubby loves the name Bo...I had a cocker spaniel named Bo when I was little, but It didnt change the fact that we would have used it if we had not found something better. In 2005, a few months after my DD1 was born, I met a weenie dog on the beach and her name was Emma Grace....I ahve an Emma Lily, but I know plenty of kids have the same name as that little dog. Who cares...a good name is a good name. I must say that I was a fan of Gianna Kate. Lola Kate would be cute too,
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My name is Sheena and I have had a few people tell me that it is their dog's name too.  It never bothered me.  I also met a cat named Sheena.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Weird. Who would want to name their dog Hannah (somewhere in the 80's there)? At that point, why not Emily? 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My opinion: Some names are dog names and other names are human names people like to give dogs. I feel like in this day and age people are more prone to treat their pets like family members and give them "people names" than in year's past. 

• Mine is Chloe and it's #12 on the list. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*
    Travel Adventures.
    Holiday
  • The names of all 3 dogs I've had in my life are on the list.  My 1st dog was Sheba, my 2nd was Samantha and my current dog is Bella.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Our dogs are Riley and Kendal - both very popular.  But they are older dogs, we were pioneers Wink
    www.WhatsUpSippyCup.com

Started Terb @ 20 weeks. Started bed rest at 22w5d due to pre-term labor and funneling. Started prog injections at 32 weeks. Rheumatoid Arthritis/Ankylosing Spondylitis

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

5.12.11 cp (natural m/c @ 5wks)

My Chart
  • haha my dogs are unique.

Dawson and Ziggers. He was Ziggy when we adopted him but somehow Ziggers stuck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think my favorites are Chester and Moose! And I think it's funny that Baby made the list. That seems like a strange name for a dog. 

• image mrsfowler1016:

haha my dogs are unique.

Dawson and Ziggers. He was Ziggy when we adopted him but somehow Ziggers stuck.

Lol! We had a Ziggy! Full name was Sigmund but we always called him Ziggy.

• Our dog is Ellie, which appears to be more popular for kids than for dogs.  There's been a few times where kids ask to pet our dog and ask what her name is; we say "Ellie" and they say "That's my name too!"  Little kids think it's really cool to have the same name as the dog.   :)

James Alistair - October 2, 2011

• image ferris0906:

My sister's name is Sadie, and she hated it growing up for the dog name reason.  Almost every single time she would introduce herself, the person would respond, "Oh, I used to have a dog named Sadie!" 

I was at the dog park with my dog Sadie. I yelled for her and a little girl came over instead. Her name was Sadie, too :) 

1st BFP 5/20/11 - Natural M/C 6/6/11 @7w5d

PgAL/PAL Welcome

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful - Annette Funicello
  • image MButcher1003:
    image ferris0906:

My sister's name is Sadie, and she hated it growing up for the dog name reason.  Almost every single time she would introduce herself, the person would respond, "Oh, I used to have a dog named Sadie!" 

I was at the dog park with my dog Sadie. I yelled for her and a little girl came over instead. Her name was Sadie, too :) 

Hey, add me to the list of traumatized dog monikers lol. When I introduce myself, people tend to say something like "Oh, I knew a dog named that . . . he died". My name (#73 on the list--Dakota) is apparently better suited for seasoned male dogs . . . and Huskies, at that.

• Our dog is Lily.  But I think it's a beautiful name and would never think of it as a dogs name if a person was named Lily.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My dog is named Lola.

[knotting, nesting, and bumping since 2005]