Pregnant after IF
Options

Snoogle vs. Boppy Body Pillows?

Any experience with either?  I have read reviews on both and they both seem to get mixed reviews, either people love them or don't.  I also thought about going the cheaper route and just getting a body pillow, but don't know if that will work as well. 

I know side sleeping is recommended and have been trying to transition the past few days.  However, I keep waking up and am on my back.  Figured a pillow would prevent me from rolling over in my sleep.  As I progress further though, will I also need something under my belly or between my legs? 

TIA!

SAIF

Re: Snoogle vs. Boppy Body Pillows?

• Options
    I love my snoogle. It is super comfy. DH thinks it takes up too much room though.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a snoogle and loved it more once I had a belly.  The only downside is that it seems to lose it's fluff easily in some parts.  I tried using a body pillow prior to getting one, but it didn't work as well. 

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsVoMrsVo member
    I've got the boppy and I love it!  I honestly think the snoogle looks like it might be better though.  I only got the boppy because it was in stock and I was desperate!!  Couldn't live without it now! 

Diagnosed PCOS 2/07, TTC #1 since 8/09
    11/10 - Clomid Round 1 = BFN
    12/10 - Clomid Round 2 = BFN
    1/11 - Voluntary Break = BFN (duh)
    2/11 - Clomid Round 3 = BFN
    3/11 - Femara + IUI = BFP * Beta#1=56 * Beta#2=266
    *Cautiously expecting baby girls on November 28, 2011*
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have the Boppy and it is soooo NOT worth it.  I think a regular body pillow would have been much better
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageEchloe:
    I love my snoogle. It is super comfy. DH thinks it takes up too much room though.

This is me exactly - including the DH quote.  We only have a queen sized bed, so it does take up some room, but I love it! 

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You might like the Leachco Back n Belly pillow. It's horseshoe-shaped so you can switch sides without adjusting the pillow.It gets stellar reviews on Amazon, and they're $50 there.

P>Downside is they're big-we have a king size bed and it takes up a lot room. I've had it for a while and TBH, I found it overwhelming (I may try it again soon now that I'm bigger, though)

• Options
    I kept wanting to like pillows and have just come to the conclusion after trying both of these and a boppy that I hate sleeping with pillows.  I should have known that I wouldn't like sleeping with a pregnancy pillow because I couldn't even get used to sleeping with a pillow between my knees.  So if you don't mind body pillows now or sleeping with extra pillows you will probably like a pregnancy pillow, if you don't like sleeping with extra pillows I would bet that you won't like pregnancy pillows.  The good news is that I bought the pillows from Motherhood Maternity, tried them, hated them and was able to return them, so at least I wasn't out all that money.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like my full-size Boppy pillow.  I tried some other brand that had a "prevent you from turning over back panel" and I hated it.
    My Story and Blog:
    The Conception Craze

1/2009- TTTC
    After 7 rounds of clomid and HcG, Three failed IUI's with an ectopic pregnancy, two shots of methotrextate, ER visits, breaks, low (3%) morphology One IVF cycle (lupron, gonal-F) that ended in another ectopic, more methotrexate, A Lap to disconnect both tubes, remove endo and a hydrosalphinx, . . .we are finally expecting TWINS from FET#1!
    1.11. 2011: Beginning FET cycle!
    3.11.11- FET! (DH's birthday!) 2 blasts transfered!
    3.20.11- BETA #1 BFP!!! 272! (9dp5dt)
    3.23.11- BETA #2 1346!!! (12dp5dt)
    4.8.11- U/S #1. . TWINS!!! . . .TWO BOYS!
    9.10.11-My beautiful Boys arrive unexpectedly at 28 weeks, 6 days. imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

• Options
    Thanks ladies.  I think I will go with the Back and Belly pillow as suggested.  This way I don't have to move the pillow as I shift sides while sleeping.  Plus it has the best overall reviews online.  Thanks again!
    SAIF
  • Options
    I hate the Boppy. It doesn't have enough "fluff", so when I put the pillow in between my legs it goes flat. I would go with the Snoogle.  
    IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"