April 2011 Moms
Options

Is it too early to start dream feeds?

DS is 6+ wks, and he tends to have his last feeding around 7 these days.  He's asleep by 8pm - too early since my girls go to bed at 8pm and it takes a while to just get things done around the house and prepare for the next day.  We go to bed at 9:30 and then DS is up at 11 or so, wanting to eat again.

Anyone doing dream feeds?

How do you handle swaddling?  Keep swaddled, or unswaddle and re-swaddle?  We use the Miracle Blanket.

Thanks for any advice!

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Is it too early to start dream feeds?

• Options
    I have a hard time burping in a swaddle, so I tend to let the arms out until it's time to sleep again :)
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    If baby is swaddled and still sleeping then I leave the swaddle. If I lay down to BF there's less need to burp.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What are dream feeds? 

I keep Zaine swaddled unless I need to change his diaper and then I will reswaddle him as soon as I'm finished. I don't typically need to burp him since we're breastfeeding but if I need to, I don't have any issues doing it when he's swaddled. We use the swaddleme sleep sacks primarily but I also have a halo sleep sack that I like and a a miracle blanket which I probably like the least right now! 

• Options
    imagecirce811:

What are dream feeds? 

I keep Zaine swaddled unless I need to change his diaper and then I will reswaddle him as soon as I'm finished. I don't typically need to burp him since we're breastfeeding but if I need to, I don't have any issues doing it when he's swaddled. We use the swaddleme sleep sacks primarily but I also have a halo sleep sack that I like and a a miracle blanket which I probably like the least right now! 

Dreamfeeding is a Baby Whisperer method. You feed your LO right before you go to bed for the night. You don't wake LO to feed them- they are asleep through the feeding. Ideally this fills their tummy and allows you a bigger stretch of time to sleep.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We just started the Baby Whisperer routine yesterday. My husband gave Max a dream feed last night a little before 11. He said that he didn't wake up and that it was easy. (Although, Max was up again at 1 am and didn't go down again until 2:30. But I can't complain because it was the first day and since we're starting following the Baby Whisperer recommendations Max is sleeping in his crib)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've been feeding lo before I go to sleep and I always comment to dh how he stays asleep when he eats. I had no idea it was an actual technique called "dream feeding"!

My guy doesn't get swaddled but I always wrestle with the question...should I burp him or not burp him.... burping the baby always wakes him up.

• Options
    imagebrunette mac:

I've been feeding lo before I go to sleep and I always comment to dh how he stays asleep when he eats. I had no idea it was an actual technique called "dream feeding"!

My guy doesn't get swaddled but I always wrestle with the question...should I burp him or not burp him.... burping the baby always wakes him up.

I didn't have a name for it either, but the pedi recommended it at our first visit. She called it "topping off the tank." lol 

I also don't burp if he's nursed himself to sleep or during a dream feed: don't wake a sleeping baby is very much my mantra these days...lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"