October 2011 Moms

why do people assume....

that because i have DD and now we are having a boy that we are done?  it has only been 2 days and i am already tired of hearing...'oh, good for you, 1 of each!', 'now you have your perfect pair!', and 'well now you don't have to try for a 3rd!'

seriously?  since when is the rest of the world so knowing in our plans??  i just find it annoying.  i want 3 and DH says 2 is good....he says we will see how it is with 2 and if i would be able to handle a 3rd then we will discuss it.  i am SAHM and he is a firefighter that works 24 hr shifts and then works his 2nd job on the days he is off...so i think this is a fair agreement. 

i just don't think the sex of our children should determine the plans for the size of our family.  maybe it is just me.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash

Re: why do people assume....

• I also have a son and a daughter and I thought I was done but then I got divorced and remarried and he didn't have any kids so here we are.  I think people just don't believe in big families anymore so they assume you're done.  Personally I would love to have 1 more after this so my LO can have a sibling close to her age (my other 2 kids are 17 and 12).  You and me, we'll just go out there and defy the status quo and have odd numbers of kiddos and the world can deal with it! hahaha
  • If your a SAHM then I think you should have more say if you want to have more than 2 children. I could see how he might not want 3 children because he might have to get another job to support everyone.

I am on my frist so I dont have that great of advice other than what I said.

Good LUCK!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It also drives me crazy when people assume you will keep trying for more because you have two of the same sex. Some people are happy with the children they have and aren't having more just to have that elusive other sex.
  • I know what you mean. Several of my family have said "If you get a girl this time, you don't have to have a 3rd". Well, if I didn't want a 3rd, I wouldn't have one. Regardless of the sex of this baby. I guess people just think one of each is the "perfect" family. It's a stupid assumption.

We are in the same boat. I have always wanted 3 and DH says 2 is plenty. Although he made a comment a few months back about how we should space out our 2nd and 3rd, so I guess he is finally on board. But, we will just see how I feel after 2!! Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yep I've been getting the same reaction, so annoying.  Our plans are still the same, we will wait to see how the 1st two go and will most likely try for a 3rd when LO #2 turns 2.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageMac0711:
    I also have a son and a daughter and I thought I was done but then I got divorced and remarried and he didn't have any kids so here we are.  I think people just don't believe in big families anymore so they assume you're done.  Personally I would love to have 1 more after this so my LO can have a sibling close to her age (my other 2 kids are 17 and 12).  You and me, we'll just go out there and defy the status quo and have odd numbers of kiddos and the world can deal with it! hahaha

I'm in the same boat-but I always wanted more kids-even before I met my new hubby-wasn't ready to be done but my ex was-(we were never a good pair:).  I also think I want two more bc the kids will be so far apart from the new LO they will be sort of like an Aunt and Uncle.

• I'm glad my parents didn't decide one of each made the perfect family for them b/c needless to say I was their 3rd and final...as for us, DH says this will be it, but he has a daughter who is 15. I just said we would wait and see. Like a PP said I have a MIL who is pushing for a grandson, but seeing that she already has 3, I'm not gonna stress myself out over it.
  • I'm one of four girls. People always assumed my dad really wanted a boy and that's why they had so many kids. Nope. My dad LOVES being the father of daughters. My parents just were open to having several children and lucky enough to get them.
    BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• imageMac0711:
    I also have a son and a daughter and I thought I was done but then I got divorced and remarried and he didn't have any kids so here we are.  I think people just don't believe in big families anymore so they assume you're done.  Personally I would love to have 1 more after this so my LO can have a sibling close to her age (my other 2 kids are 17 and 12).  You and me, we'll just go out there and defy the status quo and have odd numbers of kiddos and the world can deal with it! hahaha

This is me exactly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"