Cloth Diapering
Options

Best PF folds for boys

I have a stack of PFs that we haven't used yet because I'm intimidated to do the folds, use the snappis, etc on a wiggly baby.  I realize this is a lame excuse because people do this all the time.  Our LO is now 3 weeks old and I've been sticking to our fitteds/covers and AIOs.

What are your favorite folds for your little boys? 

Re: Best PF folds for boys

• Options
    We went with the good old "angel wing" fold.  They're aren't that many ways to fold them (with flats there are a bunch of different ways) and they're all pretty similar.  Just go for it -- don't be scared! :o)  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

ditto. i use the angel wing fold on ds, though i never cd'd him as a newborn/young baby.  we started at 6 months. 

but it puts the absorbency exactly where you need it for a boy.  i don't know how well it works for newborn poop though.  

you could also try the bikini twist.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

iv done angel wing and bikini twist both with good outcomes.

iv also been doing it since day 4.

i dont suggest trifolding and laying in the cover. i got alot of ebf blowouts that way.

i was scared at first nd it took some getting use to but now its no harder than a sposie.

GOOD LUCK!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks.  I will give the angel wing fold a few tries today and see how it works for us!
  • Options

I, too, used our fitteds/AIO stash the first few days out of fear of PFs!! But - I realized it was either buy more diapers or use em -and option A wasn't an option according to my husband :)  So I started using them and LOVE them!!  Especially when you change them before a feeding and then they lovingly pee 1/2 hour AFTER you feed them, makes you glad you didn't have a cute fitted or AIO on them!!  And they are soo easy to wash and dry (line dried in our 90+ degree temps yesterday - only a few hours!).

I don't have any recs on boy folds - but the angel wing has worked well thus far to contain our NB poos.  We are doing mostly BF but have to supplement with formula, and the angel wing has held in all but 1 (which for the record was a gigantic poo - which the cover kept in).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"