Cloth Diapering
Options

Please tell me about your FuzziBunz :) Newborn, Infant, etc..

What has your experience been :) we are going to be trying for another once DH comes home from Deployment, and i am looking for a diaper that does the job well and can go from Newborn to toddler with ease :P  We have an 7 month old right now and we just want to makes sure he can wear what i order now, but can still be used by baby "?" in the future :)  any thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Please tell me about your FuzziBunz :) Newborn, Infant, etc..

• Options
    FBs never worked right for us.  We had constant leaks so I sold all that I had.
  • Options
    imagepixy_stix:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepixy_stix:
                     Oh , good to know :) i ve heard mixed reviews so i figured i would ask :)
  • Options
    I haven't tried the FB OS, but I loved the xs perfect size FB for my newborn. They are so squishy and soft and they fit her really well. She is in size small now and i don't love them as much but I think I haven't been snapping them tight enough so we've had a couple leaks through the leg. There is a review chart in the FAQ on the top of the page made by lots of Mommas on this board. It has been sper helpful for me. I think most would rec BG 4.0 pocket. They are OS and will fit a wide range of sizes. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As a general rule of thumb, you aren't going to find a diaper that will simultaneously fit a newborn and an older child. OS diapers don't start fitting well until 10-12lbs. So you'll need a newborn stash in addition to the stash that both kids will be able to wear.
  • Options

I like FBs a lot. I like the Perfect Size ones the best, but OS are more economical, so they make up most of our FB stash.  DD2 wore FB OS starting at about one week old (she could have worn them before that, but we didn't try them yet).  Here is a link to a post I did when she was two weeks old with pics of her in different diapers, including FB OS.

I have several other kinds of OS diapers - BG 3.0s, Swaddlebees Econappis, Rumparooz, Blueberry Deluxe and a Haute Pocket, and the only other one that fit DD2 as a newborn were the Rumparooz.  The problem with them is that the rise is so short that they won't go all the way to potty training.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Options
    I like that the FB are trim but she leaks in them all the time.  I have 3 and wouldn't buy anymore.
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I actually really like our FB- here are my pros and cons for you:

Pros:

snaps- I love snaps because they seem to hold up longer

removable elastic- I like this because it would be easy to replace myself, again, good for longevity- we want 3-4 kids so this is a big pro for us

pretty trim

CONS:

if you are looking for a DH friendly diaper, I would look for velcro.  I don't know if its just my husband or what but he always reaches for BumGenius or fitteds with fewer snaps (Motherease) because he says that all the snaps confuse him.  I also feel most comfortable dropping him off at my parents (sitters) with velcro diapers because they are most like disposables

all the inserts are different sizes- we have 4 one size diapers and they all have different sized inserts- some are wider, some are thicker, some are longer...  it annoys me for some reason but the newest ones I received  had the best inserts so maybe they were just perfecting things

Even though there is a chart that shows you what number to adjust the elastic to on their site, its actually pretty hard to find the right setting for your little one.  I never know when to change it up and its frustrating. Although I like the idea for ease of replacing the elastic, if you are only using the diaper for one or two children its actually annoying... ESPECIALLY if you are using the same set of diapers for two children simultaneously- it would be annoying to have to adjust the elastic for each child with each use.

• Options
    our FBs leak. I wouldn't buy more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    History of IF and 2.5 years TTC. The day we were to start our first IUI we received a call that changed our lives forever and 10 month old Olivia joined our family. Shortly thereafter we got a surprise BFP and baby 2 is due July 5, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"