Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Crochet anyone?

I've decided to pick up crocheting and I have finally gotten a hang of the basic stitches! Does anyone have a pattern for an easy beginner project or any references I should check out?
Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crochet anyone?

• Options
    Click the badge, yo!  Ravelry is an awesome resource.  I'd suggest starting on a smaller project like a potholder or something (sorry, I'm a knitter not a crocheter!) and working your way up from there.  Also check out your local yarn shops.  I took a knitting mastery class at a shop here with my mom and learned so much.  GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nope...but more importantly, why aren't you chatting with us lady!? :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Rein, I'll check it out! I tried knitting but it was a total fail. @ Sheena, I haven't felt very chatty lately - I'll probably be on tomorrow though I miss you!!!

• Options
    jellolzjellolz member

i second, third, and fourth ravelry. ravelry is UHMAZING.

i crochet a little bit, i'm pretty good at it, and i'd be glad to help... but knitting is where my heart is.

• Options

imageMrsHaque1009:
    Thanks Rein, I'll check it out! I tried knotting but it was a total fail. @ Sheena, I haven't felt very chatty lately - I'll probably be on tomorrow though I miss you!!!

Ahh well boo :( I miss you too! DH is rarely off the computer lol, so I got lucky to get on tonight! Good luck with your crocheting!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I tried crochet, but developed severe pain in my wrist, so I stick with knitting...but I loved Stitch'n'***'s book on crochet...it was awesome for learning Smile

https://www.amazon.com/Stitch-***-Crochet-Happy-Hooker/dp/0761139850/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306918257&sr=1-3

• Options
    I taught myself to corchet a couple of years ago.  I use the Lion Brand site to get some patterns, and my MIL got me a subscription to Crochet Today (which has since un out) ... but they had cute liitle projects.
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I stick to the kitchen for my hobbies, I suck at crafty stuff, but you should look into making amigurumi. They're adorable little crocheted stuffed aminals and they tickle me to no end. Do a Google image search for it and you'll see what I mean! I think they sell lots of patterns for them on Etsy. Have fun, Shaq!
    Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I LOVE to crochet! and even sell some of my wares. So i will be happy to help if you have questions.

I highly recommend this book for learning all types of stitches, basic and advanced.

https://www.amazon.com/Crocheting-School-Inc-Sterling-Publishing/dp/1402708319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306928218&sr=8-1

the lion brand website has quite a few patterns and they label them easy- difficult.

Have fun!!!

• Options
    alf005alf005 member

my grandma taught me to crochet when i was younger, but i re-learned on my own in college.  I used this site- free step by step videos for each stitch...VERY helpful.  I still refer to it when I start a new project.

https://www.nexstitch.com/v_crochet_videos.html

When you purchase yarn, many of them come with a pattern on the inside of the label.  I would suggest for a beginner project that you pick up some yarn with a easy pattern on it and use that.

• Options

My grandma taught me how to single crochet when I was little but I bought this book to learn other stitches and how to read patterns and it was awesome: https://www.amazon.com/Chicks-Sticks-Guide-Crochet-Patterns/dp/082300676X/ref=sr_1_50?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306933956&sr=1-50

I'm also a huge fan of ravelry.

2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    I started out learning how to make beanies and then I learned how to do Scarfs and blankets. If you dont mind a simple looking blanket you could make one with just a single stiich and its SUPER easy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the tips ladies!!! I really want to make baby blankets for my sister and sister in law it was going pretty well until I realized that my rows we're getting shorter and shorter! Looks terrible! Lol, oh well starting over!

• Options
    You all should join our Ravelry group :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"