October 2011 Moms
Options

First trip to l&d

Hopefully the last.  This morning well yesterday morning since its past midnight, I started having cramps and a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen.  I really thought I was in labor but I wasnt it turns out that I was having round ligament pain and slightly dehydrated.  I was sent home to rest and drink plenty of fluids.  It was a very scary moment but it got me thinking if that wasnt labor pains I really dont want to feel what labor pains feel like.  The dr did give a hint of what the baby gender is buy I will wait until next week for my anatomy scan to go out and buy all pink.
image image

Re: First trip to l&d

• Options
    Glad everything is alright! What kind of 'hint' did th le Doc give?
  • Options

imageBulldogMomma:

She said that it was a girl but I cant see how she could really see b/c of the position the baby was in but Im no dr so it could she probably could see better than me.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's scary. I'm glad everything is OK. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    imagesweetsin78:

imageBulldogMomma:

She said that it was a girl but I cant see how she could really see b/c of the position the baby was in but Im no dr so it could she probably could see better than me.

Maybe she was using the 'Angle of the Dangle' theory? Supposedly it's pretty accurate...
  • Options
    imageBulldogMomma:
    imagesweetsin78:

imageBulldogMomma:

Maybe she was using the 'Angle of the Dangle' theory? Supposedly it's pretty accurate...

I think at 19w2d the 'Angle of the Dangle' theory is long past. I just had my a/s at 19w5d and it was clearly a boy :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    imageBulldogMomma:
    imagesweetsin78:

imageBulldogMomma:

I think at 19w2d the 'Angle of the Dangle' theory is long past. I just had my a/s at 19w5d and it was clearly a boy :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    Glad to hear you are okay! Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesweetsin78:
    Hopefully the last.  This morning well yesterday morning since its past midnight, I started having cramps and a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen.  I really thought I was in labor but I wasnt it turns out that I was having round ligament pain and slightly dehydrated.  I was sent home to rest and drink plenty of fluids.  It was a very scary moment but it got me thinking if that wasnt labor pains I really dont want to feel what labor pains feel like.  The dr did give a hint of what the baby gender is buy I will wait until next week for my anatomy scan to go out and buy all pink.

Hey we had our first trip to L&D over the weekend too for the same problem - thank God it wasn't labor (or any other bad things - like appendicitis).  I told my husband the same thing - if this hurts this bad I don't want to feel real labor pains.  Glad everything is ok.  Have you had any more pains?

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    imageskruhmin:

imagesweetsin78:

Hey we had our first trip to L&D over the weekend too for the same problem - thank God it wasn't labor (or any other bad things - like appendicitis).  I told my husband the same thing - if this hurts this bad I don't want to feel real labor pains.  Glad everything is ok.  Have you had any more pains?

yes on and off all night and all morning.  Its gone for now but Im sure it will be back.

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"