Eco-Friendly Family

Now I'm just depressed

Not only have I been officially able to teach Bradley classes for months now, with no students calling anyone here locally, but now a friend got accredited to be an LLL teacher before me and I still haven't gotten the application in due to my mentor's computer being broken!  I was in this process WAY long ago with another mentor but she had so much going on and wasn't able to spend any time working on my recommendation so we agreed that switching to this other leader would be better and then her freaking computer broke.

I just want so much to help/teach people but the universe apparently wants to keep reiterating to me that I am stuck in an f-ing rut. 

UGH.

ETA: Now I'm just angry.  I spend SO much money doing the Bradley thing because the other teacher in town was desperate.  I know she was really busy and it's not her fault that interest has died down a lot, but I'm pissed that I still have nothing to show for it.  My family made sacrifices to let me follow that passion and what do I get for it?!  Hopefully I can drum up more interest with my postcards that I'm leaving at doctor's offices but it's REALLY hard to dump MORE money into it at this point...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Now I'm just depressed

• Are you working with the other lady? Can you leave cards at any local baby shops or the like?

At my local diaper shop she has a doula that comes in and such things. Maybe you could make a relationship like that with a local store.

• imageLady Galadriel:

Are you working with the other lady? Can you leave cards at any local baby shops or the like?

At my local diaper shop she has a doula that comes in and such things. Maybe you could make a relationship like that with a local store.

I don't work with the other lady, more like we're colleagues but also friends.  She was hoping I'd take over classes so she'd get a break so she's going to send anyone that calls her my way.   Just no one's calling.

The people here don't really shop at the one baby store.  There's no really good options.  That store is more like a gift shop anyway.  The doctors (since there are only two) are my best bet.  I put some cards at the one doctor's office and got one call but I think that lady just isn't ready to take such an intensive course.  Plus she called me really early and is about as far along as I am, so she wouldn't start for a while anyway.

• Loading the player...
  • aspadeaspade member

Hugs.  I've gotten frustrated on and off throughout my process, too.  First it took like 3 months before I heard anything after submitting the app--what?!  And then I got a lady in charge of my app who sometimes inundates me with all kinds of things I need to do that were never mentioned before and other times ignores me for weeks on end.  But now I'm almost done.

The rec is a pretty short form--why is it so hard for her to just send it in?!  And you can submit your app without it and let one of the higher-ups harass her for it. 

I know that I have to take charge of setting things up for myself, ultimately, though some women will be able to call or email me for help straight off the bat.  Is there a Bradley website that lists you?  Can you speak to any local groups about natural childbirth?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"