Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Hug your babies

I was driving home yesterday from a visit upstate with my family.  The woman in front of me was cut off and slammed on her brakes.  I was able to stop, but the woman behind me was not.  She slammed full speed into me.  Asher was in the back seat in his carseat.  He immediately started screaming and I just about lost my mind.  I jumped out and grabbed him.  He clung to me and he was shaking, but thank god there was not a scratch on him.  We both went to the ER and were discharged.  Now we're finally home and he's napping soundly. 

It just reminds me of how lucky we are to be mommies.  We are entrusted with these little lives and it's our job to take care of them and keep them safe.  I feel like I cannot let him out of my sight and I am soooo lucky that things didn't turn out worse.  The car is probably going to be totalled, and we'll have to replace everything that was damaged in the trunk, but my little man is okay and that is truly all that matters.  So please, just hug your babies a little tighter and remember how lucky we are. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP 8/9/13, EDD 4/16/14, happy HB 8/26/13, mmc 8/27/13 discovered 9/12/13

goodbye my little angel.... mommy misses you

Re: Hug your babies

• Glad that you and your LO are ok.

Slow down my little man, you are growing up so fast!

In your eyes, the light, the heat. In your eyes, I am complete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • Wow! I can't imagine what you must have felt at that moment! I'm so happy to hear both of you are safe!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ugh, SO glad you were both ok!! I can't imagine anything much scarier than being in a car crash with your baby. 

Just a reminder for anyone who is reading who might find themselves in the same situation, to keep your LO strapped in their car seat. I know it goes against EVERYTHING your mommy instinct is telling you to do, but injuries are often not visible and the car seat will act like a backboard and keep them from further injury. Just remove the car seat from the car with LO still buckled in and do your best to comfort them without removing them until paramedics arrive. 

• Thank you, ladies.  I am just thanking god that Asher is alright.  I seriously do not know what I would do if something had happened to him.  I can't seem to let him out of my sight.  I even slept in his room last night just to keep an eye on him. 

Surprise BFP 8/9/13, EDD 4/16/14, happy HB 8/26/13, mmc 8/27/13 discovered 9/12/13

• Thankfully you are both ok. I can't imagine how traumatizing that would be! I know my heart is in my throat if I even feel like someone has come to close to any vehicle LO and I travel in. ((Hugs)) 
    Stinkerbella-8-27-10 
    Married-11-26-10/In Process of Divorce/Separated since early Feb.
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• image JulySpark05:
    Wow! I can't imagine what you must have felt at that moment! I'm so happy to hear both of you are safe!

This. What an awful sensation.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo
  • I just teared up reading this. I am glad both you and your LO are OK. What a scary experience!!

[image image

TTC#1- 9/2009. BFP- 10/18/09. DD born by c/s 06/2010

10/2011- Diagnosed with adenomyosis

Started TTC#2- 3/2012

BFP#2- 7/16/12- EDD by LMP 3/31/2013!
    My BFP Chart
  • So glad you and your LO are safe!!  I know when we had a scary thing happen a few months ago I held LO all night just praying and being thankful she was ok.  You think you are grateful for your baby until something scary happens and then you are really grateful.
  • JillAlyJillAly member
    You totally made me tear up.  I work in crash reconstruction and I usually hear the stories that don't have happy endings.  I'm so glad you and Asher are ok.  It's every mom's worst nightmare and while I'm sorry about your car, I'm so glad to hear you're ok.
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• glad you're both ok.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageimage
  • So glad to hear that you are ok!  If you don't mind sharing, what kind of car and car seat do you have?  Obviously good ones that protected you both!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Wow! I am glad that you are both ok!

Make sure you get the insurance to replace your car seat as well!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • So glad you are both ok!
    Words that changed my life: "...your husband has been arrested..." 

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

• image LaurenSweat:
    So glad to hear that you are ok!  If you don't mind sharing, what kind of car and car seat do you have?  Obviously good ones that protected you both!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond... I'm a teacher and can't bump during the day.  I have/had a 2007 Rav4 and Asher's carseat is a Britax Marathon 70.  Worth. Every. Penny.