August 2011 Moms

Dear Lord, it's hot!

It's supposed to get up to 95 degrees here but with the heat index, it will feel like 105.  This morning walking to my car I was like, wow.  I think I am going to have to figure out how I can never leave my house.

I know the southern girls have been dealing with this already but the heat has just hit the Mid-Atlantic.

Good times.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Max born July 25

Big sisters Alex and Layla

Re: Dear Lord, it's hot!

• It hit us the other day as well.  It's been in the 90's, and it's supposed to be 95 in a couple of days.  I would love to stay inside as much as possible, but my toddler LOVES to be outdoors.  I hope to be in a pool most of the summer. :)
  • It's been nice and hot here too in Chicago. I love the warm weather when I'm home to enjoy it, but when I have to commute to work on public transportation, it makes it less enjoyable. Looking forward to the weekend!!
    TTC#1 Since 9.09
    Unexplained IF
    IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP!! EDD: 8/8/11
    DS#1 Born 8/11/11
    TTC#2
    BFP #2 3/1/12 Ended in M/C on 3/17/12 @ 7w
    11/12 IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP, EDD: 8/18/13, Beta#1 (45), Beta #2 (265) Beta #3 (2545)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    S/PAIF/PAL ALWAYS WELCOME!!
  • It really didn't hit Chicago until yesterday so it was my first taste of it.  Wow, it's hot but I still love it more than snow and cold weather.  I've never been so happy to stand in the frozen food section at the grocery store!
  • LJR 84LJR 84
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its
    Oh, yes. That's about what it will be here until September. I don't mind the heat as much as I do the humidity!
  • image LJR 84:
    Oh, yes. That's about what it will be here until September. I don't mind the heat as much as I do the humidity!

I agree 100%!  I went on a walk yesterday morning and my sunglasses were so fogged up I had to take them off.  And it's still only May!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am with you! My car's temp gauge said 85 degrees an hour ago when I drove home from bible study at 8 am. Eeek.
  • Ughhh, it's miserable. I hate it anyways and being from Alaska even though we've been in Maryland for over three years I'm still not used to it.
  • It's hot and steamy here on Maryland's Eastern Shore! I'm keeping the house cool and curtains closed! Just discovered and succumbed to Rita's Mango Mistos - a delicious creation, and found a recipe for Watermelon Aqua Fresca though that I think will be a staple the next few months.
  • OH my yes!!!!  I has recently started getting hot here in WV.  Temps in mid 90s for past week or so.  I have been miserable!!!  I have never been so hot in my life!!!  I feel like a sweat like a man...lol.  My DH used to be the one that was hot all the time,  now hes covering up with a blanket cause I keep it so cool.  I walked to my car yesterday, about a 1/4 mi. and I was already sweating!  My plan is to stay inside during the hottest part of the day if I can, or go swimming with lots of sunblock and poss. shaded areas.  I know the heat and sun affect us differently when we r prego.  I usually am out in the sun all day getting a super good tan, but not this year :-)  Gotta protect my skin and myself for my baby :-)   Good luck summer moms!!!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Oh my, Florida is hot!  We don't even live in the nice part of Florida where we get a good breeze from the water. 

I am just trying to stay indoors as much as possible and drink lots of fluids.  

I typically always wear closed toe shoes to work but I think from here on out its going to be sandals!  

Isle 2

Christmas Tree 1

Baby Girl born naturally at 9 lbs 7 ounces!

Visit our blog!

• I talked DH into buying a couple of window AC units last night. Last year it didn't seem as bad... not sure if it's because I'm pregnant or not, though :)  We're usually pretty good with windows open, fans and the pool. It's almost as bad as being back home in VA! :P
    imageimage
  • I literally almost passed out in the store yesterday, it was 90 degrees out and so hot everywhere I went. I came home and my tank top was soaking wet from sweat.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• megd06megd06 member

image MommaMcG:
    It hit us the other day as well.  It's been in the 90's, and it's supposed to be 95 in a couple of days.  I would love to stay inside as much as possible, but my toddler LOVES to be outdoors.  I hope to be in a pool most of the summer. :)

this is me. My 2 yo stands at a window and says "Outside? Bubbles? Outside?" Le sigh. Luckily our subdivision pool is 50 feet from our driveway.

imageimage
    PersonalMilestone