Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Q about paci's

I just introduced a paci to my 3 week old EBF baby.  He seemed to really like it but couldn't/wouldn't keep it in his mouth and would cry when it fell out.

Does this mean the paci isn't a good fit and we should try another or does he have to "learn" how to use it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Q about paci's

• Welcome to my freaking life. My LO loves her paci but cannot hold it in her mouth for very long. So I spend my life putting it back in for her. At night she will not go to sleep without paci. I have to lay her beside me and hold it in her mouth. Its ridiculous, but its either hold it in for her or neither of us sleep.
  • nattnnattn member
    Some are better than others about staying in, but DD only likes one kind so it's not really an option. I've heard Avent ones stay in better, but DD hated them. She likes Soothies so we got her a couple WubbaNubs and they help. If you using a different kind of paci, you could try paci plushies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • certain brands stay in babies mouths better than others. the gumdrops no longer cut it for us. We have moved on to the MAMs and they are SO MUCH better. He doesn't like the Nuks at all. 

I'm making a trip out tomorrow to get more MAMs. 

• imagemrbear83:

certain brands stay in babies mouths better than others. the gumdrops no longer cut it for us. We have moved on to the MAMs and they are SO MUCH better. He doesn't like the Nuks at all. 

I'm making a trip out tomorrow to get more MAMs. 

I bought a gumdrop.  I guess I'll try another brand!  

• Don't push it in to teach them how to keep it. Wait until s/he's sucking a bit, then sort of pull on it a bit so it has to be sucked back in.

That said, we've only tried one kind and the boy has no interest. I have a couple Binky brand - might try an orthodontic shaped one next.

• DS was FF, never really figured out how to keep the paci in his mouth even though he did like it. After about a week i just stopped giving it to him and Im glad I did cause I never had to wean him off!

7 Angels in Heaven, 1 In My Arms

12/24/07 D&C (12 weeks)
    2/08 MC (5 weeks)
    5/08 PA (7 weeks)
    9/08 VTS (6 weeks)
    7/09 MC (5 weeks)
    8/10 MC (UKN)
    6/7/11 CP (UKN)

*CM PIP Girl* image
  • We started with gumdrops, but now that LO is almost 3 months, we are using NUKs and they work like a charm. It took a few different brands to figure out which ones worked.
  • my son only likes NUKs. It was trial and error for us, but luckily they were mostly shower gifts so we already had them around.
  • I think it takes a bit of time for some LOs to figure out how to keep the In their mouths. DS1 took a while to keep his bink in his mouth this LO however kept it in right away but can basically shoot it across the room when he's done with it so I bring about 4 to bed so there's no need to bunt them down.
  • We have tried MAM, Tommee Tippee, Nuk, and Avent... and the only ones that DD will use are the Avent. She loves them to death. I went and bought extras, because if we were in public and she lost that thing... well that would be scary!!
  • skioskio member
    We tried soothes and the wubbanub, gumdrop, nuk and avent before finding the brand DD could keep in her mouth - MAM. Keep trying!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"