May 2011 Moms

XP: Lily's Birth story

Monday May 16th12pm - started having mild contractions at work that lasted till 7pmTuesday May 17th, 20111:30am - woke up with contractions till 4amall day had random contractions but nothing timeable3:30pm- getting my hair colored and cut because I feared this could be it even though I was so early started having regular contractions till about 9pm9pm - DH came home and started timing, coming every 6-8 minutes lasting 40 seconds but not getting worse.  My Mom started driving from her house to ours, it's a 2hour drive10:45pm- went to bed b/c scared it was false labor.  contractions stopped, my Mom got our house about 11pm and I told her to go to bed, that I felt it was all in my head.Wednesday May 18th, 20111:30am- woke up from contractions, started hurting a lot worse. Woke DH up after 45 min of "silent suffering". Timed contractions for 30 min and sat on exercise ball.. Started shaking.. Went from 5 min apart to 3 min apart. DH woke up My Mom and called his Mom to come over to watch DS 2:45am- left house to go to hospital3:15am- arrival to hospital, Nurse called me an active patient and I was the only one in triage. 3:51am--3 to 4 cm, 70% effaced. 4:06am-started IV, confirmed labor start, admitted4:42am- 6-7 cm, 90% effaced, My sister arrived in lobby, she had left her house, again a 2 hour drive when we left to go to the hospital 5:20am- epidural = HEAVEN!!! 7-8cm with buldging bag of water5:50am- still 7-8 cm, -2 station7:55am- midwife came and broke water8:55am- contractions every two minutes and lasting for a minute each. Urge to push/LOTS of pressure9:02am- 8.5 cm, 0 station9:20am ? asked for epidural the be checked because feeling pain, pressure and contractions.  Midwife checked and was 9.5cm with cervical lip, she lifted and had me push with 2 contractions.  A lot of pain and pressure, next 3 pushes baby?s head came out, next contraction and 2 pushes later...9:27am - LILIAN WAS BORN!!!

Re: XP: Lily's Birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"