Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

sweaty baby!

my 16mo old sweats A LOT! its not even that hot out and his whole head is wet, looks like he just took a bath! is this normal? something to call the doctor about?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: sweaty baby!

• lbi21lbi21 member

Hi, I have a condition called hyperhydrosis  (google it, it is pretty interesting to read about), otherwise known as excessive sweating!  I have had it since I was a baby.  When you say he sweats, how much is alot?  I have had times when sweat is dripping off my hands and feet.  My parents said that they noticed it on my feet and hands which were always sweaty.  The doctor at that time advised them to buy me only all leather shoes and wear all cotton socks.  To this day, I still sweat, my hands and feet and occasionally other areas.  It is pretty embarrassing and noticeable, but it had gotten slightly better since I have had a baby surprisingly.  Through the years I have seen several doctors and they have tried many treatments.  A friends actually had botox to stop her sweating which I am also considering.Ihe has a 2 year old and he sweats alot as well.  If it were me, I would mention it to the ped only because of my medical history.  Best of luck and I hope everything works out! 

• thanks for the feedback! ill definitly mention it to the pedi but i am a little less concerned with the urgency of the situation!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD is super sweaty too. We live in Florida so that doesn't help but she sweats more than her friends when they play and when she naps or sleeps she sweats a lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"