June 2011 Moms

Nursery Curtains?

Where did you get yours and what kind did you use? Black out or just regular curtains?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursery Curtains?

• You should deffinatly use black out curtains in the nursery!  Trust me they buy you an extra hour or so of sleep!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • cvl105cvl105 member

I got ours at JC Penney's...in the color Rose Shadow (light pink). They are just regular curtains. We also have room darkening blinds on the window. I don't find it necessary to have the room pitch black. I would prefer the baby learn to sleep with light in the room.

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a valance but no curtains (we do have blinds on all windows in our house).

I'm starting out without blackout curtains. If we decide we want them later, we'll add them, but I'd like her to be able to sleep with some light so I don't have to find a pitch dark place for her if we're out somewhere and I need her to sleep.

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I got plain white tab top panels at Walmart. We also have white mini blinds on the window. At some point I plan to get a black out panel for behind the curtains, but I haven't yet.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • We got these blackout curtains from Target https://tinyurl.com/4yqzqcv. (We included them on our registry and someone bought us ne, so we only had to buy the second one.)

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

• We got these from Pottery Barn. They are blackout.

Madras Blackout Panels

• DH insisted on blackout curtains so we got some from walmart. 
  • We are just using a valence from PBKs but have wood blinds on our windows.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • We got our curtains at Target (in the girls section, not baby).  However, since they (nor the blinds that were already there) are not black out, we got a pull-down black-out shade from Home Depot and mounted it behind the blinds.  It's awesome!!!  You just measure dry wall to dry wall, and they cut it to fit.  Super easy!
  • We actually got 2 sets of curtains with a double curtain rod. The first set matches the bedding, and then we got navy blue blackout curtains at Target to go over them. It can get really hot upstairs in the nursery, so we really needed the blackout curtains. The decorative curtains are mostly white & don't block the sun all that much. They look ADORABLE though. :)
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yep! we got black-out ones this time around. Basic 63" solid navy blue from Target.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we got nice light ones from Ikea, and we have the blackout in our room however I am thinking it being summer the baby will have us up at 6am everyday as his room gets tons of light.I am thinking of putting a lighter curtain in our room or perhaps leaving it half open so we also get the early sun.

• We bought a nice set of 2 inch wide blinds and then I added panels from Target.  They're not black out but it comes close.  Her room faces west so she won't get the morning sun and by bed time the sun will be behind the houses across the street.
  • tesarytesary member
    We are having ours made but they are full length curtains. We do not plan on using black out curtains. 
  • I couldn't find blackout curtains in a color I liked, so I got some clearance curtains in a pear color from Bed Bath and Beyond and purchased these blackout shades from JC Penney. I am really happy with the combo.  Due to the hardware needing to fit inside the window frame there is some light that gets through but drastically less than without the shades.  Baby's room is on the side of the house that gets the afternoon sun so we needed blackout to keep it cooler. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

We got these blackout ones from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child. Worth every penny I spent on them. I bought them almost 3 years ago (for DS room, we're reusing them for LO room) and they still look new. 

• imagecvl105:

I got ours at JC Penney's...in the color Rose Shadow (light pink). They are just regular curtains. We also have room darkening blinds on the window. I don't find it necessary to have the room pitch black. I would prefer the baby learn to sleep with light in the room.

This!

I bought thin curtains because we want baby to learn to sleep in various conditions---not just pitch black :)

• imagetdeddington:
    imagecvl105:

This!

I bought thin curtains because we want baby to learn to sleep in various conditions---not just pitch black :)

I don't think blackout curtains are only used for light...that's a common misconception. It's more for temperature regulation, keeps the warmth in during the winter and keeps the temp cool in the summer. Yes it blocks out light, but I always have a night light on in DS room anyway so he's never ever slept in pitch black....but the lighting is always the same (doesn't get bright all the sudden and then dark all the sudden) so maybe that's what people want their kids to get used to, the variance in light?? Plus DS can sleep anywhere, I don't think we've ever "had" to rely on blackout curtains. That's just my own personal experience with blackout though....I could be wrong. 

• We got black-out panel curtains from wal-mart. Nothing fancy, just plain brown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"